New York-Western

guest list

we are working on the guest list and i just cant seem to get it down the last couple people.  just wondering approx. how many people did you invite and how many rsvpd yes?? thankss

Re: guest list

• edited December 2011
    I've gone down our list with who I think will actually show.  So we have our "invited list" and then we have our "show list."

It'll be interesting to see how accurate I am...check back with me in 3 months!
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I've read that 80-85% will come to the wedding, but you should always plan for 100% attendance.  My sister had far fewer than that because her wedding was 4 hours away and a lot of my family doesn't like to travel. 

You may be able to get a better estimate by looking at your list.  Is there anybody on there that you can say probably won't come?  We have a few that we would love it if they came, but are thinking they probably won't make it.
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited 310. We had 178 come. So our turn out was not so hot! I was expecting 230 when i ran my numbers.

I made several list. Short Drive, Long Drive, and Plane Ride. And took different percentage from each list.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    I made an invited list and an expected list based on where people lived, how well we know them, etc. We invited about 160 but expected more like 120. We're a week and a half away from our RSVP deadline and are still waiting for quite a few. Looking at the ones left, I've guessed that we may actually be at 105-110. Our wedding is also on a Friday evening, which even though people say doesn't matter, could possibly have an effect.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_guest-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:bed4444c-dd8a-4e23-add2-19d71e28c8b6Post:0a00b29b-fb9d-4c40-92a2-be44d33d125e">Re: guest list</a>:
    [QUOTE]I made an invited list and an expected list based on where people lived, how well we know them, etc. We invited about 160 but expected more like 120. We're a week and a half away from our RSVP deadline and are still waiting for quite a few. Looking at the ones left, I've guessed that we may actually be at 105-110. <strong>Our wedding is also on a Friday evening, which even though people say doesn't matter, could possibly have an effect</strong>.
    Posted by shan2910[/QUOTE]

I think Friday weddings don't matter as much if you live in the area, but if you're OOT it could make a difference, since no matter how you make your travel arrangements, you have to take time off from work.
  • edited December 2011
    We invited about 250 and 165 RSVPed yes and 160 showed up.  We had a lot of OOT people that didn't come even though it was driving distance for most of these people.  I was happy with our final number though as it gave us more time to spend with our guests.
    October 2010 September SC - 1st Anniversary Plans:
    Trip to Prague & bring home furbaby when we get back
    imageimage
    ~ Karen ~
    **Wedding/House/Travel Bio **
  • edited December 2011
    We were pretty disappointed with our turnout - we invited 189, 119 RSVPd, and 116 showed up. Had we known, we would've invited a lot more!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards