New Hampshire

In-expensive wedding reception N Conway area

Hi,

This a great site, so I thank you all for providing some helpful information.  My future wife and I are looking for an inexpensive reception area in the north conway / white mountains area.  We are actually from Mass, but have been camping in the area for years and love it.    We are paying for this ourselves, so do not have a lot to work with.  We are looking for any ideas about relatively cheap places in the area.  We are thinking late summer or early fall and would very much be open to doing something outdoors.   We looking into Tin Mountain conservatory, but have been unable to find other options.  Any help is appreciated.  We love each other very much, so are just looking for a decent place to spend our special day with family. 

Re: In-expensive wedding reception N Conway area

• FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure of a place but I would check in to the Inn's in the area. Also late summer and fall may be the busiest times of the year for weddings up there. 
    Here are a couple websites to look at
  • mikeyheightsmikeyheights member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome sites.  Thanks very much. 
  • edited December 2011
    Also, check out the link in my siggy titled NH Knotties.  It has a list of all the places that past NH Knotties have gotten married at.  Good luck!
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married in Jackson NH (pretty much next to North Conway, btw, DH and I are from MA too!) on 10/24/09. We got married and had the ceremony at Whitney's Inn. Everything was amazing and I would HIGHLY recommend it! It is perfect for small to medium sized weddings and they are super flexible. They were more than accomodating, professional, and friendly. They have The Shovel Handle Pub on site which is an old barn that is perfect for the reception or rehersal dinner and the food is delish! We had our reception here. The Inn is right at the base of Black Mountain which is beautiful, lots of great photo opportunities. They have a pretty birch bark arbor outside that you can get married under (which WAS our plan, but it poured!!) I know they have done tent weddings outside as well. They have a trout pond, and an outdoor fire pit that sits nexts to a small stream. The decor of the Inn is a "cabin" feel, lots of rich woods, and animal photographs. The Inn was all recently rennovated as well. The price was also very reasonable for the services recieved. Hope this might be helpful! Good luck with your planning and have FUN!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are getting married October 23, 2010 at the Brass Heart Inn in Chocorua, NH.  It's a beautiful setting with a barn for the reception and we're doing the cocktail hour on the main floor of the inn.  We have had a wonderful experience to date with the event coordinator, Sheena Harte!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards