Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Morning

I really dislike Thursdays, you feel closer to the weekend, but you still have two full work days to go through. Oh Thursday you are such a tease.  So yea... work slows down a bit more during the summer.

Any exciting news share, or any worthy of discussing?  The other night I made my own yogurt!  I was so excited, I tried it a few times last summer and failed miserably.  I'm so happy it finally worked.   Also BF is really moving along now on packing up and going through his stuff.  One of the challenges I kind of look forward to is cooking for BF, his tastes are pretty simple, but I'm going to have to figure out how to cook meat.  That should be interest....

Ok your turn...

Anniversary

Re: Thursday Morning

• Options
    Hey danser! Homemade yogurt sounds complex. You're braver than I. I'm in the car on my way to visit the church we're staying at for our mission trip in four weeks. It's a 3 hr drive through east Texas. Not a fan of east Texas. Summer is my busiest season. Rarely am I home and rarely do I get enough sleep. I'm getting excited for our first trip in a week and a half, but I have to move before then, which is going to suck.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    Haha. I've had the same problem since moving in with my bf. He's so picky about what he'll eat and he's used to eating out for every meal every day. Which I hate doing. So, at least once a week he grills and the rest of the week, unless I want to go out, I have to come up with something that will make us both happy to make for dinner at home. Not easy when he refuses to eat most veggies and seafood! Ah well, we make it work.

My birthday is next week and we are having a birthday and open house. So far 30 people have RSVPed. And at least 7 are coming in from out of town and start showing up next Thursday. I'm already stressed about trying to get the house in order, get things prepared, and how to juggle everyone!
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    hiya,
    Making yogurt is very precise it has a lot to do with heating the milk to exact temperatures and all.  A fun challenge though.

I've never been to Texas, I've always wanted to visit hopefully some day.  What do you do when you go on these mission trips?  Sounds interesting though.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:05956ba9-0419-4ee1-8aa4-0079b054d99cPost:dc8ab8e0-6162-49c0-9778-bb675d61ac6b">Re: Thursday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha. <strong>I've had the same problem since moving in with my bf. He's so picky about what he'll eat and he's used to eating out for every meal every day</strong>. Which I hate doing. So, at least once a week he grills and the rest of the week, unless I want to go out, I have to come up with something that will make us both happy to make for dinner at home. Not easy when he refuses to eat most veggies and seafood! Ah well, we make it work. My birthday is next week and we are having a birthday and open house. So far 30 people have RSVPed. And at least 7 are coming in from out of town and start showing up next Thursday. I'm already stressed about trying to get the house in order, get things prepared, and how to juggle everyone!
    Posted by msuprincess04[/QUOTE]

BF really doesn't cook either, he will order out most nights or put chicken fingers in the oven.  He does make an awesome vegetarian chili though.  He is a bit picky with his food so it will be interesting to see what I can come up with.  I don't mind eating out or ordering take out on the weekend, but not every day.

Wow the party sounds like a big event.  It sounds a bit stressful but I bet it will be worth it, sounds like lots of fun.

Anniversary

• Options
    I have an appointment with a DO about getting surgery done on my other foot.  a little nervous because the recovery for my first foot when I had the surgery a few years ago was brutal.  also, I'll find out how much it's going to cost me.  *gulp*  but I'm relieved to get everything rolling...  it'll be nice to be able to wear all my shoes and walk normally again!
  • Options
    CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    Good morning!  I have been at work for almost two hours already (since 7:15 CT). And no one else has come in yet. . . .so I'm a little lonely. I had to get started on something super early so that is why I came. I have a meeting with my thesis committee next Friday so I'm trying to get some last minute things done for it. They make me so nervous.

When DH and I moved in together I had to get him over his "oh I don't like that food" problems. HIs mom wasn't a very good cook so he thought he didn't like a bunch of stuff. 
  • Options
    audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    I had my response all typed out, but then I hit a dead zone on the freeway and it got lost. Msu, you're going to have so much fun! Danser, typical work sites would be building wheelchair ramps, porches, stairs, painting homes, roofing, and yard work. Occasionally we'll get a doozy like plumbing, but that's rare. We have one trip for junior high kids and one for high school kids. I love it and so do the kids. ETA: my door is always open whenever you want to visit!

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Thursday Morning:[QUOTE]I have an appointment with a DO about getting surgery done on my other foot.nbsp; a little nervous because the recovery for my first foot when I had the surgery a few years ago was brutal.nbsp; also, I'll find out how much it's going to cost me.nbsp; gulpnbsp; but I'm relieved to get everything rolling...nbsp; it'll be nice to be able to wear all my shoes and walk normally again! Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

Good luck coco! What's wrong with your foot again? I missed that somewhere.

• Options
    if you don't mind me asking, what sort of foot problems do you have? I've had foot issues before, buth nothing worth getting the surgery done.  It seems like it would definitely be worth it in the long run.  Is your back feeling better?

Anniversary

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Hey danser! I'm jealous of your homemade yogurt. What technique did you use to make it? I tried using a heating pad before for the incubation part and I think it got too hot...

I'm at work, bored out of my mind. I'm going out to a local cider house tonight with some friends and then out to dinner.

Tomorrow I'm making strawberry jam which I'm SUPER DUPER excited about!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Options
    I have bone spurs on my heels.  I can only wear boots, sandals, and a couple pairs of flats.  if a shoe hits the spur it causes my feet to contract.  I had the right foot done 5 years ago, and now I have to have my left foot done.  I've had almost zero problems with my right foot; just a scar and once in a while if a shoe has a really hard back it will irritate the scarred area.

for the surgery, they cut open my heel long-ways and detach the Achilles tendon.  then they shave away the bone, and tack the tendon back in place.  it takes a few weeks/months for the tendon to reattach itself to the bone naturally.  during this time I'm on crutches and physically unable to move my foot because the tendon is not attached.  it's freaky!  then I get weaned into a walking boot and I do that and crutches...  then I'm just in the boot...  then eventually I get back into shoes!

it's not on the bottom of my heel, it's on the back of my ankle, right where shoes are.  so it could be a lot worse (on the bottom of my foot), but it's definitely getting too painful to keep putting off.

and it may be since it's been 5 years, maybe the surgery won't be quite as invasive and recovery will be easier?  I hope so!

I think this is what it is called:  http://www.footankleinstitute.com/retrocalcaneal-exostosis/
    some of the pics are graphic towards the bottom.  :)

my tailbone is pretty good!  it just hurts if I lean back on it (so I have to sit forward) or sit down or get up really fast.
  • Options
    Today is my Friday! I am anxiously watching the clock and waiting for it to hit 4 pm. I have the next ten days off. No plans to go anywhere but just take the time to relax and enjoy summer for a change. Hopefully we get nice enough weather where we can go to the beach, oh yeah our beach is Lake Michigan (brr).

• Options
    JordanL1221JordanL1221 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    MSU- Happy Early Birthday!

Today is laundry day. Then I will go go the grocery store to get food for a fabulous dinner for my  BF. He was supposed to get a job offer yesterday (they told him Friday that they would for sure call Wednesday with an offer), but they never called. I told him that maybe they were just really busy and that they would calll today. So he is a little down. If he gets the offer, it'll be a celebration dinner. If he doesn't get the offer for some reason, maybe it will cheer him up. He got an offer at another company, but it was 20k lower than what he makes now.

Backstory: He is a superintendent for a nation-wide construction company and really wants to settle down here instead of moving around from state to state every year. He wants to settle down and start a family, so he has been applying to local construction companies. The one company he interviewed for offered him 20k less than what he makes now. The other company said that they would give him a company truck but also try to match (within 10k) of his salary now to get him. That is the company we are waiting for to call him.

I'm really hoping they call. His job here is done August 1st. I really don't want to move. I moved five times over 17 years. I'm ready to be settled down in one spot too. Plus, I finally found a company that I would love to work for and I have a second interview on Monday. If he continued with his company, I would never be able to have a career. I would always have to work general jobs, and quit to start every year in another state. Then I would feel like I spent time and money on college for nothing, and never be happy in my professional career. It's frustrating. I'm really hoping that they call today.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • Options
    Jordan - is it the Devon building project?  I have a few friends who are on that project and it's wrapping up and they're also trying to find a job to keep them here.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

moocow- for the incubation part I preheated the oven to 115 once it was done I shut the oven off and let it sit in the oven turned off with the light on for 4 hours, during incubation the yogurt should stay at around 110-115F. You will have to tell me how the jam comes out too.  I love strawberries and jam.  Very jealous of your cider house trip too.

Cshiano- BF's mom is a great cook, we've talked about having a cooking day sometime to get some recipes from her.  There is a family recipe too, that she wants to pass down to me, since her daugher doesn't cook really. He doesn't like soups or anything creamy, only likes 2-3 vegetables that sort of thing. 

Coco- that sounds so painful ouch.  I think I have a bone spur on my foot... not sure.  It doesn't hurt so I leave it  alone.

Anniversary

• Options
    I actually only have one and a half till the weekend because I'm taking off early tomorrow. My mom and I are going to go to a gluten free vendor fair and I'm stoked. I love trying new products, even after 8 years gf I love getting new things to eat.

Im happy to have thursday it means 2 weeks off from classes since my last final for this quarter was yesturday.

Relaxation coming my way :D.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Jordan, I hope they call for him too. Keep us posted.

Anniversary

• Options
     In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:05956ba9-0419-4ee1-8aa4-0079b054d99cPost:13bff7e9-0a52-47c3-a1dd-dd619329ecf6">Re: Thursday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jordan - is it the Devon building project?  I have a few friends who are on that project and it's wrapping up and they're also trying to find a job to keep them here.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

YES!!!!!! Do they work for Holder?
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • Options
    I'm not sure.  I'd ask, but the wife and son are in FL visiting family for a couple weeks.  their son takes piano lessons from me.  they're from Brazil, originally.  I was under the impression if they left, they'd be back in a year for more work on the Devon building??  I'm not sure, there's a slight language barrier.  they speak good enough English, but Portugese is their first language.  they can speak in Spanish to my H, but sometimes things get lost in the translation.  :)

we've got several families that work on the Devon project that have been attending our church services.  they all work together.  wouldn't it be funny if it was the same company as your SO??
  • Options
    Got to work 30 minutes ago, a WHOLE long day left ahead of me.  Bleh..... BUT I leave for Maui on Saturday morning, sorry I am way too excited, all the Danish family has arrived from Denmark, they are out visiting Universal Studios today, while I"m at work.  Should have called in sick.  7 days left till I get married and Danish Man and I FINALLY finished packing all our clothes and wedding supplies last night.  Yay!
  • Options
    Yay that is so exciting Lyn, I'd love to be leaving for Maui on Saturday morning.  Any plans with the Danish man's family before you head over to Maui?

Anniversary

• Options
    That would be a really small world!! That's neat SO's family lives in Colorado so flights to Denver are cheap from here, which is why he likes it. We can go there for weekend trips and it wouldn't break the bank..plus it's only an hour and 18 minute flight. His scheduled next job with his current company is east coast, which he's been twice before (S. Carolina and Virginia) and he didn't like it because it was so far away from his family and flights were expensive.

He got his call! They offered him 10k less than what he makes now, plus a truck. He's negotiating an extra 5k signing bonus. They want him to be on the new Mustang/Yukon schools that they are building. I like the area out there :) It'd be a nice change to move from Edmond to Yukon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:05956ba9-0419-4ee1-8aa4-0079b054d99cPost:18a3cc6e-b3c5-4fca-b885-9627ba484365">Re: Thursday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay that is so exciting Lyn, I'd love to be leaving for Maui on Saturday morning.  Any plans with the Danish man's family before you head over to Maui?
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

My family invited the Danes out for dinner in Chinatown tomorrow night.  Danish Man and I are interested in seeing what they will think of real Chinese food.  :) Muahahaha!  I would have liked to take some of the paddle boarding today but no time.  Perhaps in Maui, once I make sure all Danes are slathered with sunscreen SPF 90.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:05956ba9-0419-4ee1-8aa4-0079b054d99cPost:77f28562-650b-46d2-b4ba-c7a9273a6280">Re: Thursday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]That would be a really small world!! That's neat SO's family lives in Colorado so flights to Denver are cheap from here, which is why he likes it. We can go there for weekend trips and it wouldn't break the bank..plus it's only an hour and 18 minute flight. His scheduled next job with his current company is east coast, which he's been twice before (S. Carolina and Virginia) and he didn't like it because it was so far away from his family and flights were expensive. He got his call! They offered him 10k less than what he makes now, plus a truck. He's negotiating an extra 5k signing bonus. They want him to be on the new Mustang/Yukon schools that they are building. I like the area out there :) It'd be a nice change to move from Edmond to Yukon.
    Posted by JordanL1221[/QUOTE]

yay!!  Yukon is a nice little suburb/city.  I worked over there for a while.  I'm excited for you guys...  hopefully my friends have good luck in staying as well!

how long have you been in the city?
  • Options
    Chinatown sounds awesome.  I've been to China, the food there was great, so different from anywhere else I've eaten Chinese food.  Thanks to you I looked it up and there is s SUP group in NJ not too far from me.  They do lessons, rentals, may be I can get BF to check that out with me later this summer.

Anniversary

• Options
    danser, definitely give it a try, so far everyone I have introduced it to loves it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:05956ba9-0419-4ee1-8aa4-0079b054d99cPost:789afcd3-b3f8-4817-9066-29569de74ece">Re: Thursday Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have an appointment with a DO about getting surgery done on my other foot.  a little nervous because the recovery for my first foot when I had the surgery a few years ago was brutal.  also, I'll find out how much it's going to cost me.  *gulp*  but I'm relieved to get everything rolling...  it'll be nice to be able to wear all my shoes and walk normally again!
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]
    Good luck!!! I hope everything goes well for you.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    thanks, Panda!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards