Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

What do I play during that??

So ive been working really closely with our DJ, he great. we have the whole reception mapped out in our favorite songs, leaving room of course for mishaps and requests. We are still missing a few key moments, any suggestions??

-We need a song for the introduction (wedding party walking into reception and being announced); we were thinking something upbeat and light? but what?

-We also need a song for the throwing of the bouquet and the throwing of the garter belt, background music really, also fun.

We arent really serious people, so a lot of our wedding is going to be lighthearted and goofy like us. Any suggestions that you have would be helpful, we are at a total loss here lol.

THANK YOU!

Re: What do I play during that??

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

Bouquet toss: "Man, I feel like a woman" by Shania Twain.

• tommyandytommyandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The original version of mambo #5 - the one with out the words for the intro.  Circus music or old fashioned stripper music - like from the 1940's - for the garter toss, what pp said for bouquet toss.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have a bunch of ideas in my planning bio under music suggestions.

HTH!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • AlbireoAlbireo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_play-during?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:29Discussion:5fc64d6e-a435-4cb8-ad77-df0358114685Post:26a6446c-8842-4c57-8fc5-3153453c1598">What do I play during that??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We need a song for the introduction (wedding party walking into reception and being announced); we were thinking something upbeat and light? but what? 
    Posted by RedCat6[/QUOTE]

The one that's stuck in my head is "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang - <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M" target="_blank">click here for Youtube vid.</a>
  • edited December 2011
    I think we are going to use the Blues Brothers theme for the introductions. We aren't doing the garter/bouquet toss.
  • edited December 2011
    Im going to use "Its Raining Men" for the boquet toss. I thought it was fitting, and funny!

We cant decide what our first dance song should be. We dont have a song that we call "our song" which is fine with me, but we cant even make up our minds on what song we should dance to.

Any suggestions there?
  • nicole1125nicole1125 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the toss I like Beyonce's Single ladies, fun and somewhat new. For the introduction of the party deff something fun and upbeat to get everyone ready and get the party started, Black eyed peas have some cool songs, I gotta a feeling (that tonights gonna be a good night)......GL :)
  • edited December 2011
    We were thinking of doing "You May be Right" by Billy Joel for our introduction song since we're both a little crazy :)
  • stephy_pink83stephy_pink83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing my fiance's school fight song (he's a HUGE fan) for our intro.  We are doing Smashmouth's "I'm a Believer" for the cake cutting, and The Darkness "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" for the bouquet toss.  As you can tell, we wanted something a little different and not so generic!
  • greenbean951greenbean951 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Entrance- I gotta feeling- Black Eyed Peas
    Garter Removal- U Can't Touch This- MC Hammer
    Garter Toss- I've Got Friends in Low PLaces- Garth Brooks
    Garter Placement- Legs- ZZ Top
    Bouquet Toss- SIngle Ladies- Beyonce
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing "Foxy Lady" by Jimi Hendrix for the garter toss and "Wishin and Hopin" (think My Best Friend's Wedding) for the bouquet toss... our entrance song is "Then He Kissed Me" by The Crystals 
  • edited December 2011
    I was thinking of using Stevie Wonder "Signed Sealed Delivered" for the bridal party entrace/introduction.
  • agoldhammeragoldhammer member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bouquet - Wishin & Hopin by Ani DiFranco
    Entrance - The Doors, Touch Me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards