African American Weddings

Monday Madness

What you got this week ladies?

Anything unexpected happen this weekend for you?

Did you get everything done that you needed to?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Monday Madness

• cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a productive weekend!

Friday night was date night and we went to dinner at this restaurant I had never tried (great food!) and then watched Seven b/c FI had never seen it.  We drove over by the river and watched the fireworks after the Reds game.  It was so fun!

Saturday I got derailed b/c I got cramps really bad and I spent the day laying around and wallowing in my sorrows - lol.  FI went to play poker with his friends Sat. night so I just laid around his house and slept, watched a movie and worked on my pre-marital class homework.

Sunday we went to church and then to IKEA - which was awesome b/c we found vases for our centerpieces!  It was funny b/c FI didn't want to go, but I persuaded him -- once we got there and found stuff we liked (we bought three lamps and the table number frames also) he was loving it!  We are sooo excited about our vases - we are bringing one with us on Thursday when we go to the flower wholesaler with our florist. 

Sunday night we chilled and I was disappointed to see David Tutera's show was not on.  :(  So we ended up watching football and a little Bridezillas. 

Hope you ladies had a great weekend!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_monday-madness-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1f2a9554-3039-490f-96fe-b71d393618a7Post:89207329-868c-4c7b-bb13-97d65ea8ec54">Re: Monday Madness</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a productive weekend! Friday night was date night and we went to dinner at this restaurant I had never tried (great food!) and then watched Seven b/c FI had never seen it.  We drove over by the river and watched the fireworks after the Reds game.  It was so fun! Saturday I got derailed b/c I got cramps really bad and I spent the day laying around and wallowing in my sorrows - lol.  FI went to play poker with his friends Sat. night so I just laid around his house and slept, watched a movie and worked on my pre-marital class homework. Sunday we went to church and then to IKEA - which was awesome b/c we found vases for our centerpieces!  It was funny b/c FI didn't want to go, but I persuaded him -- once we got there and found stuff we liked (we bought three lamps and the table number frames also) he was loving it!  We are sooo excited about our vases - we are bringing one with us on Thursday when we go to the flower wholesaler with our florist.  <strong><font class="Apple-style-span" color="#FF0000">Sunday night we chilled and I was disappointed to see David Tutera's show was not on.</font></strong>  :(  So we ended up watching football and a little Bridezillas.  Hope you ladies had a great weekend!
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

<div>I though I was alone on that! lol. I was like did the season end?!</div><div>And you know I LOVE IKEA! We went one day last week. He's looking for a new bedroom set. We found a white set. We both love it. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>My weekend was very uneventful. </div>
  • hunee=pyehunee=pye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We decided to look into venues that offer wedding packages because I really dont want to keep track with a bunch of vendors I would rather much deal with just 1 or as least as possible.
    So Saturday night when I went to bed I told Fi that I was kinda worried about wedding funds. He says its ok we'll make it happen it will all work out. Right so Sunday my mom called and asked me to bring her some flour.I really didnt feel like back tracking but I did and when I got there she had a note on the counter I asked what are you adding up she says nothing I didnt need any flour I just want to tell you that me and your Dad are you gonna pay for a third of the wedding. I busted out crying.

I am so so so so HAPPY~

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_monday-madness-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:1f2a9554-3039-490f-96fe-b71d393618a7Post:8913e4a0-b377-40d5-9ef8-04c5ebabe30c">Re: Monday Madness</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Madness : I though I was alone on that! lol. I was like did the season end?! And you know I LOVE IKEA! We went one day last week. He's looking for a new bedroom set. We found a white set. We both love it.  My weekend was very uneventful. 
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the bedroom set!  Girl IKEA is so awesome.  We were going crazy in there!  Yeah I was hurt when I saw David wasn't on - he cracks me up, FI and I were looking forward to laughing at him!  We always laugh when he purposely tries to make brides cry or when he gives them "the look" that shows how much he truly cares for them.  LOL!  And it's always so awkward between the groom and his bride when David is all up in the middle of them.  LOL LOL LOL!!!!!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_monday-madness-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:1f2a9554-3039-490f-96fe-b71d393618a7Post:4f5b0a3b-0f1a-4338-9009-dd46c5fa09fb">Re: Monday Madness</a>:
    [QUOTE]We decided to look into venues that offer wedding packages because I really dont want to keep track with a bunch of vendors I would rather much deal with just 1 or as least as possible. So Saturday night when I went to bed I told Fi that I was kinda worried about wedding funds. He says its ok we'll make it happen it will all work out. Right so Sunday my mom called and asked me to bring her some flour.I really didnt feel like back tracking but I did and when I got there she had a note on the counter I asked what are you adding up she says nothing I didnt need any flour I just want to tell you that me and your Dad are you gonna pay for a third of the wedding. I busted out crying. I am so so so so HAPPY~
    Posted by hunee=pye[/QUOTE]

CONGRATS Hunee!!  That is so great of your parents to help you all.  I felt like that when my mom/stepdad offered to help with the wedding.  They're not paying 1/3, but they are giving a significant amount that will TRULY help.  I'm so happy for you!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_monday-madness-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:1f2a9554-3039-490f-96fe-b71d393618a7Post:4f5b0a3b-0f1a-4338-9009-dd46c5fa09fb">Re: Monday Madness</a>:
    [QUOTE]We decided to look into venues that offer wedding packages because I really dont want to keep track with a bunch of vendors I would rather much deal with just 1 or as least as possible. So Saturday night when I went to bed I told Fi that I was kinda worried about wedding funds. He says its ok we'll make it happen it will all work out. Right so Sunday my mom called and asked me to bring her some flour.I really didnt feel like back tracking but I did and when I got there she had a note on the counter I asked what are you adding up she says nothing I didnt need any flour I just want to tell you that me and your Dad are you gonna pay for a third of the wedding. I busted out crying. I am so so so so HAPPY~
    Posted by hunee=pye[/QUOTE]

<div>Congrats!!  I'm sure you're relieved you don't have to worry about 1/3 of the costs!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't get any WR things I was planning to do done this weekend.  I started addressing my second round of STD's to send out, but I got side tracked helping FI this weekend.  He ordered a fight on pay-per-view and invited people over, so I helped him cook and clean up.  

But, I did get a check (well FI did).  We have been looking for an officiant and I wasn't having any luck.  On Friday, FI told me he talked to his uncle who is a minister and he agreed to marry us for free!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    David is hilarious! I thought I was the only one who laughed at him.  Did ya'll see when Monique's brother did a show for David.  I dided laughing.. Anywho, the season is over.  I really just hung around the house Friday.. We took the kids swimming Saturday and I watched a movie with the kids.  Sunday we went to church and we had an awesome guest speaker.  Then I went and got my hair braided in cornrows.  I was sick of the quick weave.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards