New York-Long Island

MY VIDEOGRAPHER LOST MY WEDDING VIDEO!

Dear brides, my name is Susanna and I married the love of my life at Oheka Castle this August 2009. I used their house vendor, MME Entertainment, for many services, one of which included our wedding videography. However, 3 months after the wedding (this past Wednesday 11-18-09) they informed me that they LOST my wedding video!!!! I still cannot stop crying! I have asked all of my guests if they had shot any home videos of the wedding, but I am out of luck, nobody has. MME Entertainment said that they are still looking for it, but somehow it was accidentally taken off of a desk by someone? and that they still have not found it since October 30th,2009! Thats almost 3 weeks ago. They said that they erased the copy from their computer, but why wouldnt a professional company save these things until the customer receives the final product!? I was informed months ago that I would be picking up the video, nobody told me that it would be sent! Was the video even made? How can I know? Bottom line, my video is gone. Does anyone have any advice! I cannot stop feeling faint when I think about this.

Re: MY VIDEOGRAPHER LOST MY WEDDING VIDEO!

• edited December 2011
    I would at the minimum demand a refund for all videography services, and if you paid to feed the videographer, I would want them to pay for that plate.  And if they won't pay, I'd sue.  You paid for a service and didn't receive it - you deserve a refund.  I would also tell Oheka what happened and advise them to remove MME from their house vendor list.  Additionally, if MME refuses to give you a refund, I would report them to the BBB.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • TygrrlileTygrrlile member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my goodness!  I am sorry that happened to you!  I hope it will turn up!  I would definitely demand a refund!

I am getting married at Oheka March 2011, I will steer clear of this vendor, even though they are on the recommended list!
  • ctb1010ctb1010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!, Just wow!

As a videographer myself, this seems unbelievable! Immediately after a wedding I make double backups of all video and audio assets to ensure that nothing like this ever happens.  Additionally once the video is complete and in the couple's hands I always keep duplicate backups just in case the couple loses the DVDs I give them.

If anyone is interested in a professional videographer that produces cinematic and intimate videos while remaining unobtrusive please don't hesitate to contact me.

You can view samples of my works and find out more information about me at http://www.emotionpicturesnyc.com

Best of luck to you,

Chris
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards