Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Looking for inexpensive outdoor/rustic location

Hello! I'm not actually getting married (have been for 7 years) but a friend is hoping for a spring wedding next year and I'm trying to help her out with some research. They're on a tight budget but would like to find an outdoor venue - farm, field, park, garden, etc - that's reasonably priced. They have lots of family and friends that have offered their services, catering and flowers, either free or discounted, that sort of thing.. they just need a place to bring it all together. Anywhere in Maryland is doable.  I'm honestly not sure what their top-end budget would be, but we got married at the Evergreen Carriage House which is outdoorsy with a converted stable and I told her our site fee was $2500 with an alumni benefit and she definitely balked at that price.. so maybe $1000 and under, well under..?

Thank you!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Looking for inexpensive outdoor/rustic location

• Options
    Well there is a place down in southern MD called Jefferson Patterson Park with a pavillion that basically looks like a barn and their rental is VERY inexpensive because it is a park.  Um, I don't know how much Deer creek overlook costs but many of my friends have used it so I don't think it is too expensive.  I looked into Camp Puhtok because their dining hall is very rustic (and you can rent the cabins nearby to sleep) its like $200 plus $5 per person for the hall rental.  
    There is a very inexpensive barn up in Cecil again because it is a park  (http://www.ccgov.org/tourism/search/conferences.cfm scroll to Elkton) it's called the tea barn.

Sorry you may notice a theme because we were looking for a barn venue, just trying to throw out the ones that are inexpensive that dont have a caterer attached to them.

If you could go higher in price, I would say look into howard county conservancy.  I was very very very strongly considering it but we just couldn't cut our guest list low enough to fit in the space.  I also dont know the price on these two but they are pretty: Elk Manor Farm and Pond View Farm (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pond-View-Farm/129457423810601)
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much! Great options!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    thank you so much for saying thank you!
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'd also recommend Fiore Winery in Pylesville.  I was married there in 2008, and if I remember correctly the venue fee was very reasonable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards