Not Engaged Yet

No ring yet, but it's not OUR fault.

2»

Re: No ring yet, but it's not OUR fault.

• hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's fine if you don't know the price of those thing off the top of your head, but it's really important to realize these are things that are taken for granted and can add up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    How much is.... Car insurance for a male under the age of 25? 
    I actually have no clue, but then again, we're both 28, so we have no reason to know.  I know it's a lot more expensive than my car insurance was under 25.  Car insurance companies are sexist, haha. 

How much is avg rent in your area?
    For a house, rent is about $800-1500, depending on the size/quality/location of the house.
    For an apartment, rent is about $350, and that includes internet, cable, and all utilities.  We live in a college town, so that's just for one room of the apartment.  Your roommates will have the same costs, and a one bedroom is more...usually about $650-700.
    Our mortgage is $658 per month.

How much is a carton of milk?
    $3.29 for a half gallon of Horizon Organic Fat Free milk

How much is a loaf of bread?
    Depends on the bread, but the kind we get is about $3.00 a loaf unless it's on sale.

How much do you make a month?
    Less than I should, as I don't get paid as an attorney still.  FI and I actually make about the same amount even though he is paid as an attorney, but he works for the state and his benefits are exponentially better than mine. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know, because I've never been a male under the age of 25.  I do, however, know how much I pay per month for myself.... as a 25+ female, and I think THAT 's ridiculous.  I shudder to think what an 18 year old male would have to pay.

Two bedroom apts go for $1000-$1800.  One bedrooms go for $600-$1200, some include heat, others do not.

Don't have a clue.  It's an essential, so I don't pay attention to cost of those items.  I'm going to buy them anyway. 

Honestly, I almost never buy bread. 

Not as much as I would like. Hahaha.
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on the vehicle, for FI's Mustang it would be around $200/mo.

I'd say about $600 for somewhere not in the hood. I don't really have a clue since we're looking to buy rather than rent.

10/$10 at Kroger right now! Usually $1.79 if you have your Kroger Plus card or know the phone number of someone who does.

I have no clue- $2??

Not as much as I'd like but enough to make me happy :)
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-its-not-fault?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4397a934-43f5-4bf5-a163-d646b42ee812Post:6ca35dec-eec5-40de-baa0-6594eb16be6b">Re: No ring yet, but it's not OUR fault.</a>:
    [QUOTE]. How much is avg rent in your area? Two bedroom apts go for $1000-$1800. 
    Posted by noelle24[/QUOTE]

Where in NY do you live? That seems much cheaper than what I've seen.
  • edited December 2011
    GPG: I'm not in NYC yet, actually.  Moving there in a couple months.  We haven't looked too much yet, because we want to know where I'll be working before we sign a lease.  I've seen UES apts listed for $1500-$2000 for a 1bed.  I've also seen a brand new renovated 2-bed in Inwood for $1200.  Unfortunately, we might end up in Jersey, and I know *nothing* about New Jersey neighborhoods or rent right now. One thing at a time though.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ring-yet-but-its-not-fault?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:4397a934-43f5-4bf5-a163-d646b42ee812Post:659d6089-07ae-4292-9a2e-fe59a0ca6771">Re: No ring yet, but it's not OUR fault.</a>:
    [QUOTE]GPG: I'm not in NYC yet, actually.  Moving there in a couple months.  We haven't looked too much yet, because we want to know where I'll be working before we sign a lease.  I've seen UES apts listed for $1500-$2000 for a 1bed.  I've also seen a brand new renovated 2-bed in Inwood for $1200.  Unfortunately, we might end up in Jersey, and I know *nothing* about New Jersey neighborhoods or rent right now. One thing at a time though.
    Posted by noelle24[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Well, if I could give some unsolicited advice -- you don't want to move to Inwood. The UES and UWS do have some good deals, but you have to search around. If you're going the Jersey route, some parts of Jersey City and Hoboken are REALLY nice. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks GPG.  I'm not sure about Inwood, but it's close to where FI works (he's in Washington Heights right now). Thanks for the tips about Jersey City and Hoboken. Jersey City is pretty central to where I've been applying for jobs, and would make an equal commute for FI and (probably) me.  But I wasn't sure about neighborhoods.  I'd love to live in NYC, but there's not a lot there job-wise for my field. 
  • edited December 2011
    hahaha this page is awfully entertaining.

This is my personal opinion: Everyone has a right to their own opinion and judgement, not everyone who is over the age of 25 is smart and not everyone who is under the age of 25 is stupid. Personally, i've seen many 20 year olds that are more mature than 25 year olds. It depends on the person. Just because i have a number of years that i've been alive doesn't mean i'm stupid and naive. Not all 20 year olds make dumb choices and are immature. I have never and will never claim to be the most mature person for my age. But i think level-headedness counts for something.

As far as "adult" conversations go, i am more than capable of having them. (please don't take any of this in a snotty sense, it's hard to get a point across when reading text online) if any of you were to actually meet me, you would never guess i was 20 years old. Once again, age (not 100%) but most times, is nothing but a number.

Car insurance for a male under the age of 25? - not sure
    How much is avg rent in your area? - $450-$650 
    How much is a carton of milk? $1.29
    How much is a loaf of bread? - $2.89 
    How much do you make a month? $500-$800 (it varies)
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You sound level headed to me its just the dating for 3 months thing that concerns me. Anyways if you want to chat sometime PM me :D

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

BF just bought a new car and had his insurance go up. He is now paying $254 a month for car payment and full coverage insurance. The car was about $12,000 and his interest rate is about 6%. I have no clue how to further break it down, but he is under 25.

friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards