Pre-wedding Parties

Would it be ok for me to plan my pre-wedding bachelorette party/lingerie shower?

So I am the last of my close friends to get married, and so the bachelorette party has a few problems.  I had great, wild, fun, girl bonding bashes for so many of my friends and I can't help but kinda want that for myself, but all of my bridesmaids are coming in from out of town, and they have already come in once for my bridal shower and put a lot of money and work into making it a very special event.  Also I have 2 matrons of honor and no maids of honor, One is married and will be traveling with her husband who doesn't know my fiance and his friends very well, and the other is having a baby 2 weeks before my wedding. Yep. So I have concluded that we will just combine the bachelorette party and the lingerie shower and have it right before the wedding. I think we are just going to have it at my house so is it ok for me to just plan it and keep it really simple. They have already done so much, and I think going out with new baby and all is out of the question. Is that weird though? I'm gonna keep it simple and just make it possible for as many people to come and just have some good time together, but I feel like I'm inviting people to my own birthday party or something. I would rather just send out a facebook invite and not bother my bridesmaids with it. 

Re: Would it be ok for me to plan my pre-wedding bachelorette party/lingerie shower?

• edited December 2011
    go for it...I made my bridal shower invites cuz my mom and aunt are computer challanged lol
  • edited December 2011
    I know you are trying to simplify things, but it's inappropriate to plan a party in your own honor. So you can't throw a shower or bachelorette party for yourself.

But you could still plan a girls' night, or welcome party, in honor of your bms. As long as you are not making th party about you, it will be okay.

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're traveling, have children, and you're planning another party that requires a gift from them.  I don't mean to say it that harshly, but it's the truth.

I agree with Maire - plan a girls' night or welcome party.

I know it's hard getting married after all your friends - you want the same things they got.  Unfortunately, that's how life goes.  You'll be fine without a lingerie party and just as married - promise! :-)
  • niecie_jeffniecie_jeff member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_would-ok-plan-pre-wedding-bachelorette-partylingerie-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:a7fa66c8-538c-445d-b16f-37c40cf4b40dPost:86a085ff-a573-4968-b465-3911ba87c6d4">Re: Would it be ok for me to plan my pre-wedding bachelorette party/lingerie shower?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know you are trying to simplify things, but it's inappropriate to plan a party in your own honor. So you can't throw a shower or bachelorette party for yourself. But you could still plan a girls' night, or welcome party, in honor of your bms. As long as you are not making th party about you, it will be okay.
    Posted by MairePoppy[/QUOTE]

This.
    AnniversaryBabyFruit Ticker
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maire and Joy are right.  You can still have fn with your friends.  Just don't call it a wedding related "thing".

Not everything between now and wedding day has to be related to your wedding.  GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • lvernon4lvernon4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the thoughts, my girls have already said they plan on buying me some fun lingerie things regardless, so I will just let it go and see what happens. We can have fun girl time later when things aren't so busy.
  • Brwnie04Brwnie04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know this is late, but my friends simply asked me what I wanted and then I told them what I thought would be fun. After that, I let them plan the activities and helped in any way they needed. All that matters is that you are with your friends! :0)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards