Connecticut

"THE DRESS" YAY!

BAHHH! So I am sooo excited right now!!! Just got back from The Wedding Dress in Portland a little while ago and I found THHEEE DRESS!! We had narrowed it down to three last time- and I finally picked this one (it's Jasmine).

I am sooo freakin excited. It really helped that I was looking at a lot of photographers websites- and saw one girl in a beautiful tulle skirt that came out not too puffy at her hips- and we had this one written down as one I liked the last time I went and AHHH it's just so exciting!!! Didn't buy it yet because I wanna add some more "bling" to the back of the dress and the company wasnt open so they couldnt find out the price- but they are calling tomorrow with the final price and :LSHJFPIUOHAFO thats awesome lol! So i just had to tell everyone thank you for ALL of the advice you gave me before on what you did to pick out yours... and what to look for. Really- when we started narrowing it down ( I think I tried this dress on FOUR times while we were there tonight) I was just getting so happy and couldn't stop smiling in it. YAY!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: "THE DRESS" YAY!

• edited December 2011
    Wooo Hooo! That's awesome! Congrats on finding "the one" haha :o)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS! Finding "the ONE" must've been so exciting!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! It's gorgeous!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding the "one"!  It's the best feeling, isn't it?  I got mine at The Wedding Dress too.  Who helped you there?
    Live.The.Moment.
    cSc 7.22.10
    planning bio

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhhh that's awesome! I love how excited you are! Now I can't wait to go shopping this weekend :)
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it's gorgeous!!!  congrats!!!!
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wooooot!!! Yay! Congrats!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    yay!  Congratulations!  That's great!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Wow that's fancy!  Congrats!
  • EStar73EStar73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! the dress is beautiful! Now I can't wait to go dress shopping!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_dress-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:0a3ba158-2556-4db7-9f3a-8747b85a579bPost:4764ae56-6814-4131-99bf-be1f713656a9">Re: "THE DRESS" YAY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on finding the "one"!  It's the best feeling, isn't it?  I got mine at The Wedding Dress too.  Who helped you there?
    Posted by irishxmyst[/QUOTE]

It really is! I didn't think it would happen but sure enough it did. Lisa helped me out- and then towards the end when we were narrowing down Shelley piped in a lot because she could see I was really struggling with the last two lol. They were so helpful.

Thank you all again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding your dress!  It looks beautiful! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • edited December 2011
    omg i LOVEEEE it!!! I'm planning on visiting the wedding dress in portland as well. I may just have to try this one on! I love it!!! Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_dress-yay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:0a3ba158-2556-4db7-9f3a-8747b85a579bPost:bd92aae9-30a3-4950-80b0-54b227736005">Re: "THE DRESS" YAY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "THE DRESS" YAY! : It really is! I didn't think it would happen but sure enough it did. Lisa helped me out- and then towards the end when we were narrowing down Shelley piped in a lot because she could see I was really struggling with the last two lol. They were so helpful. Thank you all again!
    Posted by smore154[/QUOTE]

Same experience here.  Lisa is my girl!!  And Shelley is very knowledgeable on dresses.  When it comes time for alterations, really listen to her suggestions, because she just can pick up on the littlest tweaks that will make your dress look perfect on you.  Both ladies also had really good input when I was picking out veils and headpieces that made the decision for me (and my mom) so much easier.
    Live.The.Moment.
    cSc 7.22.10
    planning bio

• edited December 2011
    I tried on that exact dress, and it was gorgeous! Congrats! You have excellent taste!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards