November 2013 Weddings

Any Checks?

I signed a contract and put a deposit down for catering today.  YAY!!

Anyone else get any checks done this week?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any Checks?

• No big checks for us lately.  There's not much else for us to do right now.  We're hoping to meet with our venue in the coming weeks to pick our menu and figure what our options are for alcohol.

The only real check is that we've decided on the seating arrangment for VIP's at the ceremony.  Basically, I just finally accepted that I can't make my mom's fiance sit behind her.  Instead of doing a parents row then a grandparents row (mom's fiance would have sat in the grandparent's row), we'll  have a general family row.  That way I don't have to feel like he's in a row of honor (which I felt a parents row would have been), but he still gets to sit with my mom.  
    Anniversary
  • We definitely haven't gotten anything else big done...

I ordered a wedding band from BlueNile.com, but I don't love it so I'm returning it. It's a gorgeous ring just doesn't QUITE fit with my engagement ring. We're probably going to have one custom made so it will match because I'm picky :)

and FI is asking groomsmen this weekend :) 

Otherwise, planning our next trip to Houston so we can plan the final details and stuff!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• I'm just finishing up our invitations.  I figure I have time this weekend and can't do a whole lot else right now so I might as well get them assembled.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • We have our photographer and engagement shoot scheduled for April. We have our tasting scheduled too. We sent out our save the dates, have the website all set, and we just did our registry today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• When are y'all doing your tastings?  Our venue isn't having us book ours until July sometime and I'm starting to feel that's kind of late?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • Hockey:  My venue had a preferred caterers list.  We did a tasting in december and a tasting in January to decide which caterer we wanted to go with.  The caterer that we went with said if we wanted to try other entrees before making our final menu we could. 

Maybe with it being part your venue you don't do tastings until closer to the time you will be finalizing your menu.  Maybe ask if you can do a tasting sooner than later.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think you can do tastings pretty late - they just need to know in advance enough to order everything, right? And they'll be waiting for your guest count until then?

My venue came with caterer. We did the tasting last September actually because we were in town and didn't know if/when we would both be in town together. But I think being an OOT Bride puts me on a diff schedule :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Our tasting is in April. We are also planning from OOT. April worked because may and June are too busy for the venue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Great to be here!!

Deposits for:  Photographer, latin band, honeymoon and $6.00 for extra linen shipping cost!

All great big checks off my list with a sudden whoosh of ohmygoodness washing over me! 

Save the dates are next!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds good... I think we're going to try for June.  We're doing a plated dinner so we need to know our meal choices before sending the invitations out.

On another note, we just booked our honeymoon!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 
      Visit The Knot!
  • We put together our save the dates (not ordered yet) and picked out our invitations. We're about to book our honeymoon and we're meeting with our jeweler for our wedding bands this weekend.
    Our tasting is this month.

• It is soo exciting to see all the checks! We just sent out save the dates last week and people are starting to get them.

I bought my dress today finally after disaster after disaster at bridal salons. The last big vendor I need to book is the cake and then I think it is all little details from there.

Happy planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards