Washington-Seattle

Is this the dress?

It's the Maggie Sottero Jovi. I really like it but am ready to be done shopping. I tried it on in Portland and I couldn't take pictures and the price is a little out of my range. So now I am looking for local seattle dress shops to try it on at and take pictures.
Where have you seen this dress?
What shops have the best prices on Maggie's?

The price was $1, 049.
What do you think?

Re: Is this the dress?

• edited December 2011
    I think I have tried this dress on... Maybe it was at Cynderellies Closet? They also seemed to have good prices there as well...
  • edited December 2011
    With Maggie Sottero dresses, unfortunately you're not going to find a lot of difference in price between stores.  I was reading about this on another board, I guess they have a heavier hand in dictating price to their retailers than a lot of designers do.
    I think the price is in the middle of Maggie Sottero's price range, so if you're asking if that's an unreasonable price for the dress, comparatively I don't think so.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Actually the dress I am getting is $100.00 more at one store over another... I am hoping the other store will honor the lower price though.
  • melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely call Chrissy O (in NJ), RK Bridal (in NYC) and Pearl's Place (in Louisiana). All are authorized retailers so you can check on Maggie Sottero's site to see that they're legit. All have physical stores, and I've personally been to RK, which is HUGE and where lots of brides in the NYC get their dress if their designer is carried there because it's usually significantly cheaper than other places. I bought a BM dress there, as did another friend of mine.

Also, RK will beat any authorized retailer price by 5%, so I recommend getting a quote from Pearl's or Chrissy O's first, then giving the cheaper one to RK.
  • stephparksstephparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in love with that dress. It's definitely out of my budget though :(
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    also, call pearls and lace. they may not have it in the store but their prices were a couple hundred less than i do for the maggie i was thinking about.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • marksmartinimarksmartini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Maggie dress from I Do was within $40 of what I could find it for online.  I called all the stores here and they were pretty much all the same price too.  Guess there is some kind of standard prices for them?  GL
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my Maggie Sottero dress form I Do and they seemed right in line with anyplace else I found it.
    Btw, the dress is gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards