Michigan-Detroit
Options

Engagment Photo Opportunities

Hey ladies! I am getting married in Lansing, however my photographer is from Detroit and we are getting our e-pics taken in Detroit!

My fiance and I are huge Detroit Tigers fans so we are going to have photos taken around Comerica. However, I really want other options besides just Comerica. Not being from around Detroit I was hoping that maybe you guys could give a little bit of advice as to different places that are good for e-pics!  I do have an email into my photographer (just sent it) to get her ideas as well!

We are having them taken on May 23, so the weather will hopefully be nice!

Thank you all in advance, I appreciate it and hope your planning is going well!

Re: Engagment Photo Opportunities

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Detroit Riverfront!  The Riverwalk, The back of the Ren Cen, Greek Town, The People Mover. Downtown Detroit has amazing photo opt's! Congrats to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Belle Isle is slightly outside of Downtown Detroit (an island in the Detroit River) but it has some beautiful places to take pictures too.  The conservatory, the foutain, the water front with the skyline of detroit in the background just to name a few.  Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brush park, the Guardian Building, the fire station across from Cobo, Greek Town, the Westin Book Cadillac. Hontesly just drive around and stop when you see a place you like.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just checked the Tiger's schedule, and they are on the road that day. Call Comerica Park at the number below and see if they will allow you to take pics on the field. I've also included the link to get your name on the scoreboard. This is $65 if done during the game, and goes to charity. If you make a charitable donation, they may put your name on the scoreboard AND let you take a pic on the field.

To plan your special event, call the Catering Manager at (313) 471-2661.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/det/fan_forum/scoreboard.jsp

Other places:

Masonic Temple, Fox Theater, Ford Field (this is sometimes open, you'd have to call them to see if you can come in and take pics), Mariner's Church on Jefferson, which is right next to the drive into the Windsor Tunnel, St Mary's Church in Greektown, Campus Martius in front of the Hard Rock has a fountain, the lobby of the Compuware building that houses the Hard Rock Cafe across from Campus Martius has a 3-4 story water fountain. The Hard Rock Cafe also has a great stained glass wall of Michigan entertainers.

There are TONS of places. Hopefully they don't charge you by the mile to drive to them!

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions! It has taken a lot of stress of me!

I have already contacted the Tigers office and my photographer has and there is no way to let us into the stadium or on the field. I even offered to buy a ticket package or something (I was trying to surprise my FH)! But oh well...I am sure we will have fun and the pics will turn out amazing!

Thank you again you guys!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That really sucks about the Tigers. You know, you COULD see if your photographer is available another day, and you guys could get tickets to the game (or the Champions Club which is really cool, I did that for our anniversary last year), get there early and take some pics down by the field (as long as you stay off the field).

Tiger's photo day is August 22nd, a Sunday. You arrive early, get on the field, and can take pics of the Tigers who walk around the inside of a roped off area, and pictures WITH a player if you are fast enough and get yourselves facing the camera with the player behind you.

Anyway, yes, I'm a huge baseball fan. So is Kevin.
  • Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our e-pics downtown at Comerica, in front of the Fox, and in some random places across the freeway from Comerica.  We just drove around and our photographer stopped when he saw something he liked.  We literally took pics in front of abondoned houses and empty fields.  They turned out great! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For an architectural shot the Detroit Institute of Art, Charles Wright Museum, Detroit Symphony Music Hall, etc.  I love museums!!
    image 280 Invited
    image 250 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: April 2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image ~PlanningBio~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards