Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

sitter

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some recommendations or ideas for good children sitters/entertainers??  I am going to have the children in a seperate room but since I do not have any of my own want to know where I can go to find a good reliable person to watch and possibly entertain the kiddos?

Thanks a bunch

Re: sitter

• Sitter Central Dallas and Care.com.

These places might require membership, but it might be worth a shot to see if they will let you pay a little extra and not be a member. 

Otherwise, I would ask your venue.
  • Thanks everyone.  The venue is at the city club.  I've asked and they sent me the preferred vendor list but no sitter information.

I was looking for a sitter but also was wondering if anyone knew of an entertainer for the children, maybe someone who does face painting or magic tricks.  I would say almost a clown but not really.  I hate to just stick the kids with a sitter who just changes movies for them
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_sitter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2409b91e-1603-404e-89b8-e51e35b7df20Post:31a7577f-3e37-4461-b3d8-ec1fae91cd6e">sitter</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some recommendations or ideas for good children sitters/entertainers??  <strong>I am going to have the children in a seperate room </strong>but since I do not have any of my own want to know where I can go to find a good reliable person to watch and possibly entertain the kiddos? Thanks a bunch
    Posted by eg4982[/QUOTE]

Please also keep in mind that some parents may not feel comfortable 'leaving' their children with an unknown sitter while at the wedding--especially in another room. If they didn't want the kids around, they would have left them at home with their own sitter.
    I don't mean for this to offend or come off in the wrong way--this is coming from a complete control freak who would not feel 100% comfortable leaving my kid with someone that I am not aquainted with. I do think that it is a nice gesture, but I think that a 'kids table' with coloring books may suffice.
  • edited December 2011
    Where is your reception?  I would ask them if they recommend anyone.
    Anniversary

• I work as a concierge and use first call for my guests quite often. I've met the staff and they are always great with the guests kids here when they go out at night. 214-631-9200. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I checked out care.com first, but ended up going with friends. It was a lot easier being able to tell the parents that I knew the girls working the kid's room, it made them more comfortable. I only had 1 parent refuse to take her child to the kid's room, but that's just how she is. I heard the kid's had a blast in there thanks to Tiffany & Giselle!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  •  eg4982-YGPM
  • We've used Adventure Kids Playcare a few times before, they come to your location and set up a very structured "play area" and are able to attach a security measure to it as if you were going to their actual location (glow stamps, id's and matching numberst etc.) I dont believe their prices are too out there either!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards