California-Los Angeles

Los Angeles area

Hi everyone,

We are planning on honeymooning in Los Angeles at the end of October and have no idea where to start looking at hotels. We want a nice 4-5 star hotel for no more then 250-300/night (although 5 star might not be attainable with that budget). Any ideas or suggestions? We've never been in LA, so the more "touresty location" the better. We will have a rental car, so getting around will not be a problem.

Thanks
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Los Angeles area

• mandm111mandm111 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Hi everyone, We are planning on honeymooning in Los Angeles at the end of October and have no idea where to start looking at hotels. We want a nice 4-5 star hotel for no more then 250-300/night (although 5 star might not be attainable with that budget). Any ideas or suggestions? We've never been in LA, so the more "touresty location" the better. We will have a rental car, so getting around will not be a problem. Thanks
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I suggest looking in Santa Monica.  It's not too far from the airport and it's a great beach place.  You'll find lots of hotels like Shutters (<-- clicky) and great restaurants.  There are also a lot of things to do in the area and nearby towns.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You can also look into staying in the hollywood area. Thr Roosevelt hotel is really cool looking and it's right in the middle of many tourist attractions. The W in Hollywood is also really nice. Theres also one in Westwood but Hollywood is definitely somewhere you would want to consider if you are trying to do a lot of touristy.
  • Places to stay away from: 
    Downtown LA, LAX airport area 

Places I recommend: 
    Pasadena, Santa Monica,  Hollywood, Huntington Beach (Orange County though) 

those are just a few..  
  • I would stay in Downtown LA.  They have done a lot of renovations.  There are lots of hotels (JW Marriot, The Standard).  They have LA Live where there are a lot of restaurants, bars, and The Staples Center (where the Lakers and Kings play). 

It's a more centralized location so you can still drive to the beach, Hollywood, and other places like Disneyland (if you're interested in going there).
  • I'm with pradophoto on this ... Pasadena is wonderful!  The Langham Huntington (five-diamond) had a great sale a few weeks ago, which is already over, but they usually have specials on Gilt/JetSetter.  Best recommendation would be to join JetSetter, as that's where they normally have luxury hotels on sale ... most of my family used it to book their stays for our wedding.

The SLS is only a three-diamond, formally Le Meridien, but a very posh and luxurious feel inside.  Four Seasons is also in the heart of shopping, but for what a vacation should feel like, and as long as you have a car, fly into Burbank, stay at the Langham, and enjoy!!!

Anniversary
  • Depending on the atmosphere you're looking for another option to consider is West Hollywood on the famous Sunset Strip if you're looking for some fun night life.  Comedy clubs are right down the street as well as House of Blues and a ton of nightlife options.  Chateau Marmont, Mondrion, The Standard (think Entourage).  
  • some people added some good hotels but I prefer boutique hotels. I live in West Hollywood so a few I love in the area are: Petit Ermitage in West Hollywood - this place is amazing! It is a VIP oasis, very unique and extremely romantic. Chamberlain, Sunset Marquis and Palihouse. SLS is more of a "scene" but is very fun. 

• Well, Los angles is the worlds best destination for any type of events. There are great way to organize meetings in los angeles at best venues which are now eaily available for all.
  • I would recommend you stay at the Sheraton inside universal studios. You can walk around city walk. They have night clubs restaurants and tons of stores. I think it's 150/night. very nice hotel.
  • Terrenea- Palos Verdes, Loews- Santa Monica, somewhere in Manhattan beach if you are looking for the best beach/beach style
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards