Florida-South Florida

Any Venue Ideas for Me?

Hi Girls!

I'm getting frustrated picking a venue. I've looked at Old School Square (like it but think it's a little boring at it's current state- we'd need to do a lot of decorating, etc), I've also looked at the Zoo in West Palm which I think is super fun but cannot for the life of me think of any themes/colors that would go without looking like I was having an 8 year old's birthday party (ideas?).

So, my question: can anyone think of any venues that are slightly offbeat/ fun? We aren't beach people so a beach venue or anywhere on the water is out and we don't want to get married/have a reception at a country club or hotel.

I'm being picky and difficult, I know, hah! All of my family has done hotel/country club/beach weddings and I want something different.

Thanks!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Any Venue Ideas for Me?

• edited December 2011
    How about at morikami? They have beautiful flower gardens. HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    omg i love the zoo weddings.. you can look online im sure they have lots of pics..they can be very classy and not be "little kiddish"... have you looked at a sequirium or on a boat? That can be nice too... I do not know the area well... sorry but GL!
  • edited December 2011
    morikami is beautiful! also look into: fairchild tropical garden, bonnet house (a personal favorite), the deering estate, jungle island.

HTH!
    best.day.ever.
    imageAnniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Flagler Museum, Harriet Himmel theater in Cityplace, Cafe Boulud at The Brazilian Court.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!! If you have any other ideas, send them my way!

Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • HeathirddHeathirdd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Villa Woodbine (my venue--OBSESSED,,,its an old Miami mansion-designed by the same architect as Deering Estate if you like the look), Also look at Parrot Jungle (tho they only do daytime events), or what about the Douglas Entrance in Coral Gables...I had a friend get married at Red Fish Grill (which is waterfront, but such a gorgeous one since its not really open water but more of an inlet...)

if you are REALLLLLY Offbeat...(and I do mean REALLY) I have always wondered if you could get married at Jimbo's on the key....

Good luck!
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!! Villa Woodbine is gorgeous!! Heathirdd, could I send you a private message about the pricing of Woodbine? Or if you feel comfortable sharing here, please do! I'd love to know their pricing.

I think Jimbo's is a little too offbeat for us, hahah!! Thanks for all the suggestions- I appreciate it!

• herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the botanical gardens in WPB? Not sure if they do weddings there, but that could be pretty cool...I'm totally by the book and not off beat at all so I don't really have any suggestions! But good luck!
  • edited December 2011

What about Harriet Gillman Theater or Fort Lauderdale Art Museum and Mizner ParkWink

Ashley Matias
  • edited December 2011

I just looked at Villa Woodbine and it looks AMAZING! But the party must end at 11pm :( thats no good. Good job finding that venue because its definitely one of a kind

*February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • HeathirddHeathirdd member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi FaithCaitlin,
       Sure message me no problem, the venue does make u be out by 11 but we've already saved areas at Monty's which is literally a block away for everyone who wants to keep partying! :)

imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • joye1218joye1218 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Benvenuto in Boynton Beach. Nothing really out of the ordinary, but not beach/hotel or country club
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards