Wedding Reception Forum

Aunt paying for most of the wedding

My mother past away in a car accident when I was 6. My aunt in her honor is paying for the majority of the wedding. My fiance and I are helping with some. Our parents are not able to help. How do I word the invitations?

Re: Aunt paying for most of the wedding

• If your aunt is paying for most and essentially hosting, why not list her name on the invitation? 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_aunt-paying-for-most-of-the-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:5b01d759-b843-4a19-b4c2-ee8d5fae07dfPost:706e852e-6f9e-410e-8215-210f71fd18af">Re: Aunt paying for most of the wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mother, and simultaneously I love your aunt for what she's doing.  I'd list her as a host on the invitation.
    Posted by 1covejack[/QUOTE]

I second this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Mrs. Jane Smith
    requests the honour of your presence 
    at the marriage of her niece
    Boobear Ann Jones
    to
    Mr. Mark Miller
    .....day, time, location, etc.......

DSC_9275
  • I agree with PPs. You could also say the family of... but that would imply that your family, not just your aunt, is paying for the wedding.

Sorry for your loss, that's a really sweet thing of your aunt to do.
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    I would ask your aunt if she would like to host. It's possible that that's something she'd be more comfortable with you doing, so I'd just let her choose.
    Lizzie
  • I would ask your aunt since she is paying for most everything if she wants to be considered host of the event and listed in the invite as so.
  • Thank you all for responding, I am blessed to have such an amazing aunt.
  • Ditto the others about listing her as the host, but ask her first.  Most will know that means she paid, and she might prefer for that to be need-to-know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards