Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Wedding pic locations

Hey girls. Trying to get some ideas for locations for wedding pictures after the ceremony.  We're getting married downtown so I'm sure there's lots of interesting places but I'm not that familiar.  I was thinking maybe the GRAM fountain, but there's a good chance there will be a wedding going on then.  Any ideas would be great, even if they're not downtown.  If it helps, we're heading to Hudsonville for the reception, but we have a few hours so we could go anywhere.  Thanks!!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Wedding pic locations

• Options
    akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our pictures done at the beach on Lake Michigan. I don't know if that would be too far for you to go though, since you'd have to double back to get to Hudsonville. I love love love our beach pictures though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Frederick Meijer Gardens?
  • Options
    Lorielle22Lorielle22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In downtown GR, there is Ah-Nab-Awen Park, located on the grounds of the Gerald R. Ford Museum.  There are many nice photo ops there with the Grand River, the fountain that is in front of the museum, the reflective glass at the museum, as well as  the various bridges, etc.  Also, since you're going to be in Hudsonville, there is a beautiful little park (on the way) in Jamestown, just minutes from Hudsonville, called Spring Grove Park. It's a great park for wedding pictures.  Also, on the way would be another beautiful little park called Wedgewood Park in Grandville.  There is a photographer who has their studio right next to the park if that gives any indication of how nice it is.  You'll find many great spots for pics in the immediate area surrounding the parking lot, but be sure to walk down the path just around the corner.  There's a real nice spot there too. Those are just a few of my favorite GR locations as a hobby photographer.  (I have pics from some of the (non-wedding) photoshoots I've done there if your interested in getting an idea of what each of these parks look like.  Hope that helps!
    Mother-of-the-Bride
  • Options
    jazzybaccjazzybacc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much.  These are very helpful ideas!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    KMLaraKMLara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You could also go to the museum and do pics on the carousel. That would be fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards