North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

NC Museum of Natural Science for Reception?

We are still looking at possible venues for our reception.  We have narrowed it down to the NC museum of history or the NC museum of science.  Does anyone have any experience from either?

Re: NC Museum of Natural Science for Reception?

• edited December 2011
    no those places... but i'm getting married at the nc museum of life and science butterfly house in Durham, nc...

they can't host a lot of people at teh butterfly house, but it's really unique...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tmcnatttmcnatt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the NC museum of history in 3 weeks!  I love that place!  You should call Cheri, the events coordinator, and ask her when the next reception is taking place.  She will tell you what time you can stop by and see how everything is set up before any of the guests arrive.  It's such a unique venue...I'm so excited.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my prom at the NC Museum of History and it was really pretty. It's a unique space and you can do a lot with it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Museum of history is a really pretty space, but keep in mind how many guests you will have. I remember having a high school dance there too, and it was a little awkward feeling because it was such a HUGE space with not enough people to fill it. Definitely good for a large wedding, though.
  • edited December 2011
    Went to a reception at the science museum back in Oct and had a blast.  The only problem is where they had the dance floor located.  It was a bit cramped.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards