Ohio-Columbus

Cake recommendations?

I haven't really started looking at cakes yet, and I don't know where to start.  Does anyone have any recommendations in the Columbus area?  I don't want to spend a ton.  Thanks

Re: Cake recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    100% Anita Kline! She is the best and such a great price!

Here is her email: abcj22@earthlink.net

If you read through some old posts you will see some great reviews about her

• edited December 2011
    Anita Kline!!!! she is AWESOME!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 323 Made the List!
    image 114 Are ready to Dance!
    image 12 Can't make it!
    image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!
  • edited December 2011
    Yep, another for Anita! She's the sweetest woman on the planet, her cakes are the yummiest I tasted, and she was very reasonably priced!
  • edited December 2011
    We went with McClains Creations in Newark. Husband and Wife team if you want that good marriage vibe and they specialize in unusual shapes/ artistic pieces but have a low price per slice. Delivery to Columbus is not a problem esp on East side.
  • edited December 2011
    We went with Short North Piece of Cake... their prices were superb and the quality and taste of cake is great. They are always so busy churning out cakes that everything is super fresh.

I would highly reccomend calling them and scheduling a cake tasting. It seems like on this board that Anita Kline and Piece of Cake are the most popular places.
  • edited December 2011
    Anita Kline!!! We got so many compliments on our cake ,and when I looked around at the tables during the reception, there wasn't any cake left on the plates! We saved the top tier and it was still yummy a week after the wedding.
  • kco530kco530 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Anita Kline here, too! One of my favorite vendors so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anita Kline was unavailable for our date, so  we went with Short North Piece of Cake.  They are delicious and affordable compared to many other places I researched.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    Anita Kline, what more do I need to say?  One of our best, if not THE best wedding vendors we had for our day.
  • brih86brih86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anita was unavailable for our date as well so we are using SuziCakez
  • aldavisaldavis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Enticing Icings, hands down.  Cindy is wonderful to work with and her cakes are amazing!

A
  • edited December 2011
    We used Elegant Icings. She was very reasonable and very yummy. Everyone commented on how yummy it was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards