Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Cake

Whats everyone doing for their cake? I am thinking about doing a small 2 or 3 tier cake for my FI and I to cut and the rest sheet cakses from Costco? Anyone have abaker they reccomend that is reasonable?

Re: Cake

• Sweet Treats by Jeff. He is out of Savage. His cakes are AMAZING and he is very reasonably priced!
  • Queen of Cakes is really good too, and her prices seemed to be pretty good.
  • I'll second queen of cakes.  Their customer service was outstanding and their cake was beautiful and delicious! We did a 3 tiered cake that was served to family and wedding party first, and supplemented for the rest with that was needed with sheet cake from Costco.  
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_cake-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:cfd2de8f-acd6-45b2-bcb2-87741a335aa4Post:d8c1e482-ce34-4b32-8dd3-1aac78985786">Re: Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sweet Treats by Jeff. He is out of Savage. His cakes are AMAZING and he is very reasonably priced!
    Posted by Cackle6[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this :-)  His cake is so tasty and amazing prices!!</div>
  • I'm actually thinking about doing that too.  Our venue requires a licensed baker to provide the cake, but I have a good friend who also makes cakes as an amateur.  I'm thinking that I might have her create a tiered cake for show.  She'll make the top tier out of cake (for our 1 year anniversary) and the other tier(s) out of styrofoam.  Then we'll just serve everyone from the sheet cakes, but have a pretty cake around!

I know Byerly's/Lunds makes some more interesting sheet cake flavors if you still want to have something sorta unique.
  • Miss Sara's Cakery in Hastings has some pretty amazing cake! She's extremely talented, creative and has some really yummy flavors. I don't care for frosting very much but hers was really good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're doing cake centerpieces. Killing two birds with one stone :) The price per slice is only 1.70 when you do it as a centerpiece (compared to about 3.5), and I won't need to make big expensive centerpieces! We're using JKB Cakes in Blaine. Definitely not a ritzy-glitzy place, more of a ma and pa kind of shop, but their cake was delicious (this is coming from a girl that would take PIE over cake any day!)
    Halloween
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards