Ohio-Cincinnati

Color scheme??

Im getting married and having my reception at the Bell Event Centre downtown next fall.  They have red carpeting where the tables will be.  As of now, my colors are brown, cream, yellow and orange.  The yellow and orange will only be in the flowers for my bridesmaids and grooms men.  None on the tables.  Will this clash horribly with the red carpeting?  Does anyone have pics from weddings at The Bell? 

Thanks!!!

Re: Color scheme??

• edited December 2011
    I got married at the Bell but had black dresses.  I saw a video from the Bell from a Halloween wedding where their colors were orange and brown and honestly, I never even noticed.  Especially if you're having a night wedding- it gets so dark in there that no one notices the carpet at all.  I wouldn't worry about it and go with the colors that you want.  
  • bfinksbfinks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, thank you!  Do you have pics from your wedding?  The Bell's website isn't that great and my photographer has never photographed there before. 
  • sambarnettsambarnett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the look of chocolate brown with red! Cream will look great too! The yellow and orange might be a little much, at least for my taste. Flowers would look great in multi shades of darker reds, maybe hand tied with a chocolate brown ribbion... and yours all cream, hand tied with both a red and brown ribbion. If at least one of the reds is close to the shade of the carpet (no one will really be able to tell unless they hold the flowers to the floor) then it is just fine!
  • edited December 2011
    They're finishing being uploaded to a website today so I'll give you the link.  There are a bunch of great ones from inside.  Also, just as a word to the wise, the Bell is VERY hard to photograph in because it's so dark.  Make sure you have this conversation with your photographer prior to.  They might even want to go down and take a few test shots- especially if you're getting married later in the day.

I'll be able to get you a link here in the next day or two!  Thanks!
  • bfinksbfinks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good to know!  Our ceremony will start either at 6:30 or 7, so that is very helpful advise.  Looking forward to seeing photos!!!  Did you have a good experience with The Bell? 
  • EmAnne2EmAnne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Bell next Oct. We're doing dark purple (like, really dark purple), champagne, and rust orange. I used the stained class as inspiration. I think that will work w/ the chairs, and the carpeting there too. I like bold colors so they may not be for you, but there's a thought at least. :) 

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Here's a link to my pictures!  Beware- there are over 600  :)

I had a great experience with the Bell.  when working with them early on, they were a little difficult to get a hold of but they made up for it the day of the wedding!  Amy, the day of coordinator was so helpful and I didn't have to worry about a thing.  It went flawless.  I guess my advice, is don't get frustrated if- it's all worth it in the end!!

Enjoy!!
  • bfinksbfinks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just going to ask how the "day of" went.  I have found it a bit difficult to get ahold of them as well, so Im glad you said to not worry.  Did you hire an outside "day of" coordinator?  I have been told by people that its good to have, but I know The Bell has one, so I didn't know if it was needed.  Thoughts?? 

Can't wait to check out the pics!
  • bfinksbfinks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love those colors!  Man, so many decisions!!!  :)
  • bfinksbfinks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous!!!! 

Ok, here come the questions :)

Where did you get your dress?  I am going shopping for the first time this coming Saturday.  We are going to Fabulous Bridal in Covington.  I heard the experience was really fun, so I wanted to start there. 

Also, where did you find all your votuvs (spelling) for your candles on the alter?  We are plannign on having lots of candles too!  My Aunts have a lot that we were planning on using, but they are short and I like the look of the tall votuvs.

I really cannot thank you enough for allowing me to see your pictures.  This has calmed my nervesa so much about what it will actually look like!!!  Thank you thank you thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    As far as the day of coordinator- I don't think you need one AT ALL.  Amy had everything going so smoothly- and she handled a ton of details too!  I just dropped everything off a couple of days before the wedding and she handled all the set up.  It was soooo easy!

I got my dress from Cincinnati Bride.  I LOVED shopping at Fabulous Bridal and found probably 5 dresses I could have worn for my wedding- unfortunately they were out of my price range.  Boo!

I'm assuming you're talking about the big glass covers that were on the candles on the alter??  Those are a funny story.  The fire marshall actually told the bell they have to have "covers" on all of their candles up at the altar about 2 weeks before my wedding.  They actually have those at the Bell for you to use so you don't have to worry about purchasing them.  I got all of my candles for the altar from Ikea and the little glass votives I got from the candle outlet on the west side.  VERY worth the drive for cheap candles.  

Feel free to email me if you have more questions!  I've got a ton of stuff from my wedding that I am very open to selling!  I'm happy to help in whatever way!  I didn't enjoy the planning process but had the absolute BEST wedding day and wouldn't change a thing- except for the fact it was 100 degrees outside!!

Email me if you'd like- mairin03 at yahoo dot com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards