Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Gathering Addresses

Hey ladies, when should I start collecting addresses? I'm going to use www.postable.com. I know I have tons of time until invitations go out but I'm curious.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Re: Gathering Addresses

• Options
    I waited until a few weeks before I was going to send my invitations to get my addresses together. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I think you can ask for mom & FI mom's Christmas card list so you can unofficially start a list, but if you ask specific people, I think they'll put two and two together and assume their invited. If anything changes in your guest list, it might get awkward. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_gathering-addresses-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:bcc339dd-1fd9-4743-a4b8-b430c53cb9acPost:36e4a687-67f2-4a82-92f7-eff81a2275cb">Re: Gathering Addresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you can ask for mom & FI mom's Christmas card list so you can unofficially start a list, but if you ask specific people, I think they'll put two and two together and assume their invited.<strong> If anything changes in your guest list, it might get awkward. </strong>
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

<div>This is why I waited on the addresses I didn't already have....just in case! </div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I asked about a week before the save the dates went out and then double checked with everyone who rents right before I addressed the invitations.
    Visit The Nest!  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good ideas ladies, thanks so much! I didn't even consider the awkwardness of asking for an address then having to make changes to the guestlist. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards