New York-Western

Brio, Mario's or Biaggi's??

My FILs are planning our rehearsal dinner and we've narrowed it down to three choices - Brio, Mario's or Biaggi's. I've never been to any of them so I'm looking for some advice. Any suggestions on which to go with?

Re: Brio, Mario's or Biaggi's??

• spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mario's is tried and true, always delicious. I've never been to Biaggi's, and I've had two subpar experiences with Brio, both in regards to the food and service. Just wasn't the greatest. I know I might be in the minority though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I had a really bad experience once with Marios, food was good, but they were so super snooty to me that I haven't been back.  

I went to Brios once, wasn't crazy about it.

So I picked Biaggis...but it's a chain.

Wow, I sound like a Debbie Downer...sorry!!!
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have only been to Mario's a few times and everytime it has been very good. They even over cook my pasta (on my request) for me shortly after having root canal, chewing was not so easy. The waiter was super nice!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • dtronoldtronol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brio - their event space for a rehearsal dinner is perfect and gorgeous, and the food is exquisite!

{darcie}
    save the date

April 2012 June Siggy Challenge: Then and Now!
  • edited December 2011
    This might just be a rumor but I heard that Brio was actually going out of business or at least changing names soon.  Not sure if this would affect a reception booking.  But I am a big fan of Brio other than that.  Marios has a nice reception space too, but their food seems to be higher priced. 
  • jnpiwowarczykjnpiwowarczyk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    biaggis has AMAZING food!
  • liilprincessliilprincess member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mario's! Always delicious food and wonderful wine.
    Brio has always been owned by the same people who own Pomodoro downtown... they're just officially changing their name and making their menus more similar I think.  I  hope that they become more like Pomodoro's food because Brio's food has been only okay in the past.
    Biaggi's is a chain and while food is fine, it's just a little meh... Mario's is so Rochester!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards