Florida-North Florida

New First Coast Bride!

Hello!  My name is Melissa and so excited to be in the start of the planning for our wedding!! We are looking to be married April 6, 2012 and are really wanting a beach wedding.  He asked me to marry him on the beach (between Jax Beach and Ponte Vedra) so we def want to keep the beach theme going. 

Wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions of any places that do beach weddings (ceremonies and receptions would be nice!!) We live here and would proabably make it easier to get married on this coast (even though we are going to Tampa next month for vacay and going to look over there too!)

Thanks for any input!!

Re: New First Coast Bride!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats !! I am a fall bride so won't be of much help but are you looking to actually be married on the beach or just have a beach themed Wedding? That's really pretty. I would have liked that but I like to be different, I know that Beach Themes are popular.
  • edited December 2011
    Looking to do a wedding actually on the beach..and now thinking if we find a venue that is off the beach that is ok (just have the actually ceremony on the beach!)

Were are you getting married?!
  • edited December 2011
    The Embassy Suites on Baymeadows Rd.
  • edited December 2011
    Hammock Beach club in Palm Coast was recommended to me!
  • SamIam01SamIam01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Melissa! Congrats on your engagement!!  Im in Pensacola Beach, FL. There are beautiful venues around here!  On our beaches, Sandestin, Destin, Seaside, and Grayton Beach.  All of them would be perfect for you guys if yall are ok with the area!!  I love the beach theme!! :)  Well prob because I love our beaches.   The prettiest in Florida!!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Knittibell I just sent Hammock Beach a request and wil be setting up a time to drive down and look at it!!!

Samlam01 I've never been to beaches over there but have heard they are sooooooooo beautiful!! My FI actually has two timeshare properties and one is over there that we are considering using...so might be making a trip that direction too!!!

We are so confused on what coast to do it on that we are going to visit Tampa/Clearwater at the end of the month..and since we live over here by Jax Beach/Ponte Vedra this coast is covered!!! Can you tell I need help LOL!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Where ever you land I am sure it will be amazing. Congrats & welcome to the boards. Lots of great advice given here! 
  • edited December 2011
    Another P'cola bride here but welcome!
  • mary1217mary1217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A coworker of mine got married on the beach in Ponte Vedra at the Inn and Club but I know its pricey.  Also there is The Reef near Vilano Beach that has beach ceremonies.  The only thing I didn't like about The Reef is the reception is upstairs and I don't believe there is an elevator and we have family memebers who are unable to climb stairs.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I am getting married october 8 on jacksonville beach and planned my entire wedding.Let me know if  can help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards