• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

HI!!

Goood morning!

We already have 4 in of snow and the worst part of the storm hasn't hit yet.  I have actually gotten a snow day from work. (its a miracle!) So I am just sitting here watching it. May take monster dog for a walk in it.

Whats up with you ladies?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
Fred Rogers

Re: HI!!

• Hi Aggie! Congrats on the snow day! That's awesome. We only got about 3 inches so I'm at work. I definitely called the weather hotline this morning wishfully hoping we would have the day off though. Enjoy it!

Not much going on here today. We have a quarterly briefing at work which will consume most of the morning (waste of time IMO). Then I have more meetings this afternoon which is not my favorite thing. Oh well, hopefully it'll help the day fly by! Have a good one!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hiiii!!!

Yeah, no snow day here. Boo. Although, I don't want the snow, but would like to have a day off work. I was talking to H last night and he said they're supposed to get 4 inches today. He didn't really take any kind of "snow clothes" so I'm hoping he's warm enough. He took 2 sweatshirts and a jacket. He might have to buy something. I don't know.

Those of you who are my fb friends may have seen my status last night, but my mom and I were coming back from dinner last night and it was dark out and it seemed darker than usual. I couldn't figure out why and I thought it was just because there were no street lights on the road we were driving. People kept flashing me and it was more than usual. People will sometimes flash me thinking I've got my brights on, but just about every other car would flash us and it was getting kind of ridiculous. We were a couple hundred yards from home when I realized I didn't have my lights on at all. I guess when H took my car in to the dealer to get the recalls fixed, the automatic setting got changed or something. I thought my lights were on, but what I thought were my lights were the lights from the cars behind us. Oops! I'm just glad nothing happened.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Hmm.. it's raining in Philly and 40 degrees.  I need to watch the news more - I have no idea what's going to happen here.

Enjoy your snow day!!!  I'm off to have lunch with a friend and then to hang out with my niece.

EDIT: Oh no, kris!!  I dislike those automatic light things.  They confuse the crap out of me - are the lights on?  Are they not?!  I don't know!!  I'm old school and like to manually turn them on.  I'm old school in so many ways...
  • haha Joy. My H is OBSESSED with weather so I knew this storm was a possibility last week.  It appears we could easily get another 10 inches today.  Its not that cold, hovering right around freezing so it will be gone quickly tomorrow I imagine. 

Boo for no snow day lois! I hope the meeting goes by quickly.

And Kris I did see that last night! Quite comical (esp since everything turned out ok) but scary too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Hello!
    We have nothing. I think we might get between 1-3 inches, but it's more likely that we won't get anything. I'm jealous of your snow, Aggie! 
    Today I'm going to go get some free dental work done. hahah. I'm nervous. A friend of ours is going to school to be a dental hygienist, and he needs a patient today. He bribed me with baked goods. I haven't been to a dentist in years, so hopefully this is an easy little thing. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Morning! No snow here but now I will have to text my sis and see how she is doing. last time Dc got a lot snow the city shut down.

Kris: Glad you figure out the headlight thing.
    Aggie: enjoy your snow day!
    Lois: Meetings do make the day seem faster some times. I hope that is the case.  
    Joy: Enjoy your day!
    JLQ: Good Luck at the dentist!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • EEEEE!!!!!!!!! (for when you show up) Thanks for recommending Hopeless!!! It's wonderful. I stayed up super late last night reading. I'll definitely finish today. Loving it! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I finished "Sharp Objects" last night by Gillian Flynn (she also wrote "Gone Girl").  It's really good should anyone be looking for a book to read.
  • hi everyone!!!!
    @ Joy- I read that book it creeped me out.. did you read Dark Places?
    photo 079784b6-db39-45bd-baa4-d4d1663846f3.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi Masey!!! What's new with you? How goes the house hunting/selling?

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • hi degrea! :)  Ugh the house selling is a nightmare. we had one offer so far but it fell through.  I can't stand having people walk through my house constantly.  
    My stepson had his first 10K this weekend & came in 3rd place!!  and also made the JV baseball team as a freshman so I am so proud of him right now!! :)
    Lexy is doing great, she is standing up and says MAMAMAMAMA constantly LOL
    How are you???
    edited March 2013
    Hi Masey!!!

I have not read "Dark Places."  The summary creeps me out a bit.  I might read it after the next two books (The Casual Vacancy and The Night Circus) I have on my table.

I'm sorry that house selling is hard!!  We bought a house this past weekend :-)
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!  I was just in Philly on Sunday, the 10K Hunter did was on Kelly Drive! :)  When do you move? So jealous, I am so tired of the whole process!  Plus we aren't making any money off it so it's really just a headache.

• my sister read Dark Places and said it was so creepy it was awful.  I am interested in the plot but I know there is like animal torture and certain things in it that I don't want in my head.  (even the pigs part in sharp objects really made me sick)
  • Oh no!!  All the puking in Sharp Objects started to upset me.  Dude - enough sickness!

Thank you!!!  We are actually moving two blocks from the Art Museum and Kelly Drive!  It was *crucial* to me to still be within walking distance of everything.  I didn't want to get deep into the Art Museum neighborhood at all.  Our house is a stone's throw from the Rocky Statue.  We're thrilled. 

I'm sorry you aren't making money on the house.  The market is for buyers right now :-(
  • that's awesome Joy I am so happy for you guys!!! :)  I love that area.

I just read Look Again, it was pretty good.  I need a new book.. any recs?
    Like something fiction (not fantasy like Harry Potter or that movie with Jennifer Lawrence)
    I can't wait for the new Kristin Hannah book to come out Fly Again, I literally have it on my calander lol
    edited March 2013
    I've also been looking for a good fiction book.  I was getting really annoyed at not finding anything.

The last awesome fiction book I read was "Gone with the Wind."  It doesn't seem like a book I'd like at all, but I devoured it and was so sad when it was over.  It wasn't this long-faced romance book at all - it was much more about the South and how the Civil War changed it's entire being.

I've heard The Casual Vacancy isn't good.  It was written by the Harry Potter author, but it has nothing to do with that series.  I have heard good things about The Night Circus.
  • That is great news about Hunter and Lexy!! Too cute! You must be one proud mama, JV awesome. Sorry the house thing isn't going so well. Hang in there! I have no book recommendation as I haven't been doing much reading. I did read Kristin Hannah book Firefly Lane and loved it. I have turned my mom onto her now. Night Road is next on my list for her books. I also really like Sandra Brown mystery books. They are smutty but still have a plot and an easy read. I don't read to think, haha!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_hi-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:fa8a759e-4c9e-434e-b1a5-89a029d7263cPost:93eb955a-f7b3-4f70-98b7-8c564c13afe6">Re: HI!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]that's awesome Joy I am so happy for you guys!!! :)  I love that area. I just read Look Again, it was pretty good.  I need a new book.. any recs? Like something fiction (not fantasy like Harry Potter or that movie with Jennifer Lawrence) I can't wait for the new Kristin Hannah book to come out Fly Again, I literally have it on my calander lol
    Posted by masey13[/QUOTE]
    <em>Fly Away</em> is the new Kristin Hannah book. I won an ARC copy of it on Goodreads! I can't wait to read it!<div>Have you read any Sarah Jio books? <em>The Violets of March</em> is really good. </div>
    my read shelf:
  • Am I stupid for not realizing that this series would be written by ghost writers...?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2288519/Sweet-Valley-High-The-English-literature-scholar-hidden-life-ghostwriter-paid-way-Oxford-University.html

What about the Baby Sitter's Club?  Sweet Valley Twins?  The Boxcar Kids?!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_hi-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:645Discussion:fa8a759e-4c9e-434e-b1a5-89a029d7263cPost:fa3a7e76-b728-478e-b0d1-e277555e7489">Re: HI!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]EEEEE!!!!!!!!! (for when you show up) Thanks for recommending Hopeless !!! It's wonderful. I stayed up super late last night reading. I'll definitely finish today. Loving it! 
    Posted by jlq2005[/QUOTE]

Haha you're welcome.  After I finished, I immediately thought of you and knew you would love it.

hi Masey!  Lexy is adorable in your sig.

Add me to the list of people who have no precipitation.  We have some snow on the ground but nothing from this massive storm thankfully!

I'm also extremely impatient because I'm waiting on 10 books from the library (10!) and not one of them has come in yet.  Come on people!  Other than that, not much is going on here.  Work is crazy busy per usual.  I seriously miss hanging out with you ladies!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_hi-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:fa8a759e-4c9e-434e-b1a5-89a029d7263cPost:7c02b011-2969-4908-a4e2-701e47826c48">Re: HI!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I stupid for not realizing that this series would be written by ghost writers...? <a href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2288519/Sweet-Valley-High-The-English-literature-scholar-hidden-life-ghostwriter-paid-way-Oxford-University.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2288519/Sweet-Valley-High-The-English-literature-scholar-hidden-life-ghostwriter-paid-way-Oxford-University.html</a> What about the Baby Sitter's Club?  Sweet Valley Twins?  The Boxcar Kids?!
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]

<div>I would not be surprised with BSC as they had a new book every few months or less.  Although the woman in the article said she wrote quickly.  </div><div>If you notice the cover said created by not written by.  I never noticed that before.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I am reading about the War of the Roses at the moment.  I started out with Philippa Gregory, the White Queen and the Lady of the Rivers, I don'mt have the Red Queen yet.  Then a friend gave me The Virgin Widow by Anne O'Brrien which is about Anne Neville who was married to Henry VI son and then after he died Richard III before he was king, before he killed the princes in the tower- or so they say etc,</div><div>
    </div><div>Interestingly I was reading on of the books when Richard III's body was IDed for sure.  It was very interesting.  No mention of his hunchback has been made in any of the books, but the bones clearly show that he had scoliosis.  I guess recently people didn't want to play up on that old tale of the hunchback.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Anyway I have enjoyed all of these books, I like history though.</div>
    Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Bio
  • Hi Massey! And ncv!

I am not a fan of gone girl so I don't plan on reading her other books. 

I agree with Sarah Jio books and Night Circus. I enjoyed Casual Vacancy but I know a lot of people didn't.  

Madame Tussaud is a fantastic historical fiction novel by Michelle Moran. I would read it again. 
    Fred Rogers
  • hi LBV thank you!!!
    hi NCV & Aggie!!! 
    Yes JLQ that's the one, I can't wait to read it either!!

I just got back from B&N and ended up buying The Dinner by Herman Koch... will keep you guys posted, it looks good! :)
  • I survived my dental exam! It wasn't as horrible as I thought. I haven't been to the dentist in years. (like since I was a kid). My friend had to wait to start the exam because my BP was so high. haha! But it wasn't awful. I have to go back to have xrays taken and get my cleaning, and I have to go see the real dentist soon to get some stuff taken care of, but not too bad! 
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards