Not Engaged Yet

AW: It's HERE! (E-ring makeover F/U)

So I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was sending my e-ring back to the jeweler to get the yellow sapphires replaced with canary diamonds.

I just got it back and I am so freakin' happy with how it turned out.

I suck at taking pictures of jewelry and the lighting in my house is no good, but here are a couple iphone attempts.  They don't do it justice:

Re: AW: It's HERE! (E-ring makeover F/U)

• Your ring is so gorgeous Elle!

• That is beautiful! I love it!
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Elle so jealous your ring is gorgeous!
  • So pretty!!! :D It looks beautiful!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-its-here-e-ring-makeover-fu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:59ad8b42-9339-44f2-a572-c7b1a7cb0adbPost:bc260b12-f3b3-414c-ba6f-f66f775eae80">Re: AW: It's HERE! (E-ring makeover F/U)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Elle so jealous your ring is gorgeous!
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

It really is, isn't it?

*sigh*
  • WOW! It is beautiful, Elle!

• Thanks ladies!  It feels great finally to be 100% happy with it.  Is it terrible that I never was before?
  • Holy sh!t balls! What a rock! It's lovely.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• OH MY . . . it's GORGEOUS!!!!  Like, seriously gorgeous!! 

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-its-here-e-ring-makeover-fu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:59ad8b42-9339-44f2-a572-c7b1a7cb0adbPost:6b3ddc1a-4472-49a1-b6fb-9cb867d7d923">Re: AW: It's HERE! (E-ring makeover F/U)</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is freaking awesome. I love it! Can you remind me of the specs on that?
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

It's a 7.5 mm, cushion cut moissanite (equivalent size to about a 2 carat diamond).  Surrounded by 1.2 mm canary diamonds.  Set in palladium.  :)

ETA:  It's really not as huge as it looks in the pictures.  The sparkle makes it look enormous.
  • Holy bat balls! That is beautiful! And you're rock is huge!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • That is so gorgeous!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-its-here-e-ring-makeover-fu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:59ad8b42-9339-44f2-a572-c7b1a7cb0adbPost:85e94d43-bbf9-4f2c-bbe8-554b8636bc56">Re: AW: It's HERE! (E-ring makeover F/U)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy bat balls! That is beautiful! And you're rock is huge!
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

UH YEAH! exactly what I was thinking!  This is the first time I have seen your ring and it is just beautiful.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Wow, I forgot what your ring looked like. It looks huge (probably due to the cut). It looks great!
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    This is from when it still had sapphires, but you can see the size of the center stone a little better here:

http://blog.schubachstore.com/2010/09/macys-halo-engagement-ring.html

or in Tarra's photo below:

It's not so huge.

And to answer Liv's question, the main reason I stopped wearing it a lot was that my hands shrank and it was too big.  But the jeweler resized it for us, so now I'll definitely be wearing it more.
  • That's a fvcking RING, my friend! Daaaaaamn. :)

The canary diamonds are stunning!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• That looks so beautiful!!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Thanks ladies!  You guys give me the warm fuzzies.
  • Wow! That gorgeous. It was beautiful before, but now it's stunning. I never would have thought that little change could have made that big of a difference.
  • WOW. So pretty. Massive ring envy over here.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-its-here-e-ring-makeover-fu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:59ad8b42-9339-44f2-a572-c7b1a7cb0adbPost:97506e34-3731-47b6-ba06-9053d5f38254">Re: AW: It's HERE! (E-ring makeover F/U)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow! That gorgeous. It was beautiful before, but now it's stunning. I never would have thought that little change could have made that big of a difference.
    Posted by niknik15[/QUOTE]

It really did make a huge difference.  I've never been one of those "gaze at my ring for hours" kind of girls but I keep catching glances of it and smiling.
  • *sigh*

So gorgeous!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Thank you Steph!
  • I LOVE it! And for all the pretty rings posted around here, I rarely say I love them. Yours, I genuinely love. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • edited February 2012
    It looks amazing, but I thought it did before.  I love that you are so in love with it though.  That is truly all that matters. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Beads - You're too sweet, thank you!

Mutley - Thanks!  I really liked it before, too, but I felt like we made the wrong decision with the yellow sapphires.  When we got it back today, even FI said "wow, I can't believe we didn't just do this in the first place".  He is just as excited about it as I am; it's kinda cute.
  • Haha.  Sherman manages to photobomb pretty often in my house.
  • Love love love! It's always been beautiful, but man...!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards