New York-Hudson Valley

Make-Up Too late!?!?

After reading the post below I started thinking about eyelashes.  My bridesmaid friend was suppose to do my makeup but I may want a professional.  Do all makeup artists do eyelashes, that seems really cool. 
I am so nervous that the good makeup artist will be booked. 
Are eyelashes worth it?

Re: Make-Up Too late!?!?

• edited December 2011
    I *loved* my lashes. It was totally worth it. I've seen bad ones, though.
  • edited December 2011
    I loved the lashes my MUA put on me, at first I thought it would look like waaaay too much going on, but they looked awesome and the make up came out perfect.

You can always call and ask if they are available? Im using Tara from Belle Trucco. Her rates are resonable, but I dont have to pay for her to travel.

http://www.bellatrucco.com/
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Jill from JKFLASHY. She is awesome. I'm not use to the long lashes but when she puts them on me, WOW. They definitely make your eyes more noticeable in photos. She is pricey but is totally worth it. I never feel like I have a ton of makeup on(well except on eyes but that's cuz of the lashes)
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_up-late?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:08b79857-42fc-4e11-b6b6-badbb55b89fdPost:bdf6efb0-98b6-4f24-9b76-c23c830f547a">Re: Make-Up Too late!?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I could have those lashes permanently attatched to me, I would in a heartbeat. Jaimie
    Posted by BellaSposa223[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. It's amazing what they do for your eyes in photos.

I used Christine from Color Makeup Studio, and all of my girls, including those who didn't have her do their makeup, had her put lashes on.
    imageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    i'm using jill also. we decided to NOT use the extended lashes as it looks like i have freaking butterfly's on my face! i have long lashes to begin with so we're using the same length to just fill them out. apparently the "same length" lashes for me are the extended for many people lol. it's totally worth it though. 

sent jill and email and see if she's available for your day. i know she has some MUA's working with her now so she might be able to accommodate you. 
  • bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED LOVED my lashes.  Like pp i wish I have could have them permanently!
     I know eyelashes are included for everyone in all of christine  prices.
    www.colormakeupstudio.com
  • leah2beleah2be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just emailed christine and jill.  I we will see if any are available, cross your fingers. 
    Add another thing to the growing list
  • edited December 2011
    Love Tara's work from Bella Trucco! I was just going to have a friend apply my makeup and seeing that I am thinking I'm nuts. It's the ONE day to look AMAZING and spoil yourself with that! Just called to find out information! Thanks! =)
  • edited December 2011
    I used Christine and had lashes and looooved how they looked!  They really help your eyes pop!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards