Michigan-Detroit

Wedding Guest Surprise....

Well... FI and I just found out we'll have an unexpected wedding visitor...

a baby.

ETA- my post doesn't sound too enthused... But we are very happy. although not something we planned, it is something we have talked about many times over the last 5 years. i'm also extremely sick... so "!!!" aren't exactly in my vocob right now haha.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Wedding Guest Surprise....

• edited December 2011
    Congrats to you two!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay Congrats!!! What's in the water around here?!?
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wedding-guest-surprise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:425f0262-f212-49ed-8bb2-7696ce15e01cPost:78f806da-c3d6-47a1-9a96-5e70bd21be86">Re: Wedding Guest Surprise....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay Congrats!!! <strong>What's in the water around here?!?</strong>
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]

My question exactly! i was trying to stay far away from the water.. aparently not far enough away lol. basically everyone i know is popping out babies! my sister is due this summer.. our baby will be shortly after.

Apparently FI and I celebrating too much when finally picking a wedding date and putting plans in motion. lol

Thanks everyone :)
  • edited December 2011
    awwwwww congratulations to the two of youuu [: 
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been around here too much, but congrats to you!!!  Did you just find out?  Or have you known for a couple weeks?

The first trimester is rough...but it gets better.  I haven't been sick in a week (knock on wood!) and I am slowly getting some energy back.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just found out last week. I thought i was just sick and because i was having regular period symptoms/spotting i figured my cycle was a little off (which wouldnt be uncommon for me). I was really trying to work through the sickness and save money by not going to the Dr. I didn't start feeling crappy until maybe a month ago (when my period would have started) and per my usual cycle, the "morning sickness" feeling is a common feeling for me during my period. So it wasn't alarming. it wasn't until about 3 weeks ago that i got sick to the point of it not going away. Then last week, after still not having a period i took a test.. and surprise :)

Of course we would have liked to have waited until after the wedding... but... well.. thats not an option and its our own fault. :)

I have hope it'll get better :) because right now i'm miserable thats for sure. evenings and nights are by far the worst.
  • missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awe!!! Congrats!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    Awwww congrats that is so awesome a lil baby on the board.
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wedding-guest-surprise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:425f0262-f212-49ed-8bb2-7696ce15e01cPost:83c9c8e3-453e-48ec-82b3-bd22097ea97d">Re: Wedding Guest Surprise....</a>:
    [QUOTE]We just found out last week. I thought i was just sick and because i was having regular period symptoms/spotting i figured my cycle was a little off (which wouldnt be uncommon for me). I was really trying to work through the sickness and save money by not going to the Dr. I didn't start feeling crappy until maybe a month ago (when my period would have started) and per my usual cycle, the "morning sickness" feeling is a common feeling for me during my period. So it wasn't alarming. it wasn't until about 3 weeks ago that i got sick to the point of it not going away. Then last week, after still not having a period i took a test.. and surprise :) Of course we would have liked to have waited until after the wedding... but... well.. thats not an option and its our own fault. :) I have hope it'll get better :) because right now i'm miserable thats for sure. evenings and nights are by far the worst.
    Posted by klreese0213[/QUOTE]

Evenings and nights are the worst for me, too!  Which has actually been better because I have yet to tell my work, so at least I can make it through the work day....even if that means I spend my entire evening on the couch.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker OurPlanningBio image 140 Made The Cut!
    image 104 Are Ready To Party! image 6 Are Missing Out! image 30 Can't Find The Mailbox!
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats to the both of you!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wedding-guest-surprise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:425f0262-f212-49ed-8bb2-7696ce15e01cPost:c2a4a854-027f-411f-a6f8-3170c8ae80bc">Re: Wedding Guest Surprise....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Guest Surprise.... : Evenings and nights are the worst for me, too!  Which has actually been better because I have yet to tell my work, so at least I can make it through the work day....even if that means <strong>I spend my entire evening on the couch.</strong>
    Posted by jholbel[/QUOTE]

Or next to the toliet :(
    Thankfully i work from home from being sick doesn't disturb anyone but my FI... :)
    Glad to hear you're starting to feel better! :)

Thanks everyone :)
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! What exciting news!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Aww, congrats!  What a nice surprise!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • weddingcourtweddingcourt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats :) And it really does get better! Sour things really helped me get through the sickness!
  • edited December 2011
    WOW, Congratulations!!!!!!!!!  I was lucky enough to not feel sick during my pregnancy. Then again, I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 11 weeks along.  Trust me when I say it's all worth it in the end when you see this chunky face:

BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    OMG congratulations!! Saltines, tums, and kitty treats for you and my furless friends! That is so exciting. Both of my close friends were very sick the first trimester, but it does get better. I am so tempted........ **takes a extra bc pill, must-resist-water**   
  • golemhmgolemhm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww... Congrats!  How exciting! 
  • scgonzalscgonzal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you guys.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nereida, SUCH a cute baby.. awe.. that DOES make it worth it :)

Pickles- when i first read your message i'm like "kitty treats"- do they help... and ODDLY was TEMPTED to try them LOL!!! thats how sick i am LOL!!! right now i'd eat anything if it promised to help! lol
    and we didnt have baby fever... or rather, I didn't. FI's been hinting for years now lol but i was so "no, i'm ok right now" lol eh.... surprise lol.
  • edited December 2011
    aww congrats!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh you poor baby! Someone get this girl some saltines!! I think my FI had baby fever about three years ago, but got over it. Now it begins for me. All the beautiful baby pics and posts are helping it along lol! Congrats again, and leave the treats to the furless ones lol!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards