Pre-wedding Parties

Assigned Tables at Shower?

What are your thoughts on assigned tables at a shower? I'm helping plan a shower and I do like the idea of it being more casual and people sitting where they want. But I also know that there are several people who only know 1 or 2 other people there, and I'm sure they'd want to sit next to those people. I think I would feel the same way and would feel more comforable being sat with at least a few people I know.  What do you think? Oh and there will be between 45 and 50 people there.

Re: Assigned Tables at Shower?

• Won't those people go ahead and sit with each other on their own?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I don't see anything wrong with it. They'll probably appreciate it to they won't have to hunt for seats next to each other.
  • I think it depends on the formality of the shower. We did assigned seating at My sisters shower bc it was a more formal sit down brunch shower with a guest list of almost 80 women. My shower will be just as big but in my mother in laws backyard with a tent and buffet style so there will be no assigned seats.
  • It is at a restaurant, so a little more formal. And yes ideallly peoplw would just sit with whoever they want to sit with, but I guess if there's 50 people and 5 tables of 10, you can always be put in that awkward position of hunting for an open seat next to someone you know.  Hmmm, I think I will most likely do assigned tables.
  • WE did this at my sister's shower b/c there was some drama with some women in her husban'd family and we didn't want someone to arrive late and be stuck sitting with someone they were fighting with if there weren't any other seats left.

I think it depends on the dynamic of your guests and situation but it is certainly not necessary.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards