Wedding Etiquette Forum

Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me

2»

Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me

• I dont care how old I get, farts are funny.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Oh my god Manda, the talking through the door drives me crazy. Like I said, we usually pee with the door open, but if the door is shut it means go away. I like to pretend my bathroom is a soundproof chamber, and if you are talking to me then you're destroying that illusion.
  • I live with 3 dogs so I think my house always smells like farts.  It's a good thing because you can just blame a dog if something slips out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SnippylynnSnippylynn member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2010
    It gets better, but not quickly, and not to the way a normal person's would, tbh.  It took me years after the surgery to be able to drink soda, eat eggs and some other really random stuff without getting sick.
  • Eggs are brutal, and soda gives me heartburn. I'm going for an endoscopy next week because the pain I had that caused me to have my gall bladder removed returned on Thanksgiving, so it obviously wasn't that and now my body is just more screwed up.

• We do, but not a lot. We still definitely shut the door for everything and I don't like to hear it when he does "stuff" and I don't want him to hear me. My vanity is in our walk-in closet and right next to one of the bathroom doors. I hate when I can hear him pee in the morning.

When we first moved in together we were renovating the house and there was a gap where the door frame should be to the bathroom. The door was installed, but not the pretty border around it. You could see/hear everything and it drove me nuts. I'd make FI go to the living room if I had to do my business. I'll still turn the faucet on if I know I'm going to have "issues" and he's in the bedroom.

FI used to clutch his pearls every time I farted around him, but he's become more used to it now. I can't hold it in 24/7. I do try to keep it to a minimum in bed though.

I don't find farts or burps all that hilarious, but FI thinks it's hilarious to "sit" on the dog and fart. :-P
  • edited December 2010
    All the time, and like Nebb, we think it's hilarious.  I don't do it randomly in front of strangers, though.

EDIT: Now that I've caught up, we don't go to the bathroom with the door open.  H actually locks it, which is so weird to me.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't even poop in the same house as FI until about a month after we moved in together.  I would just do it when he was at work.  And now, if he thinks I'm pooping, he will come in and applaud me.  It's fairly mortifying.

I don't like farting in front of him, but it sometimes happens.  He, however, loves farting in front of me.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:bd8babba-03ac-401b-b461-fab98e287730">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eggs are brutal, and soda gives me heartburn. I'm going for an endoscopy next week because the pain I had that caused me to have my gall bladder removed returned on Thanksgiving, so it obviously wasn't that and now my body is just more screwed up.
    Posted by schlagetermari[/QUOTE]
    Oh!  It was BREAD that made me sick too!  I still get pains in my side, same spot, but the docs said it'll probably never go away.  Unless I want to go on meds for the rest of my life.  No thanks.
  • I think farts are hilarious.  I'm 7.  But I just can't do it in front of other people.  I'm not trying to maintain some perfectly feminine facade for Todd or anything...he's been in the delivery room, he's seen the big show.  I just have never thought "You know what?  Rather than silencing this burp/fart, I'm going to do my best to make it loud enough for others to hear."  I don't think my farts have the ability to make noise, anyway.  I have a very considerate asshole. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:825fdeef-ca24-49aa-85f2-5411877d67c0">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]HAHA - ale - he APPLAUDS you?! that's classic!
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]

Yup.  And sometimes he accompanies it with "Good job!".  Boys...
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Haha Snippy, bagels make me ill!I just hope they can figue out what is wrong with me.

After FI being with me when I had the surgery though and then going to the hospital with me when the pains returned, he has seen seen the ugly side of me, so there's pretty much no mroe embarressment.
  • Pink, almost everything TJ writes is hysterical.  Her daughter is probably going to think she is so lame and then someday realize how awesomely funny she is.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't fart or burp in front of FI.  I don't think its funny.  But thankfully I'm not a very gassy person anyway.  FI usually tries to hide it and will go to the bathroom.  We NEVER go to the bathroom without the door being shut.  We just think its gross.

Not that we're prudes, just we don't want to subject each other to that.
    September 2011 August Siggy Challenge- Drag Queens!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do you fart/pass gass/ flatulate in front of your husband? Not really.  He says I, allegedly, do so in my sleep but I think he's lying.

Does he in front of you? Oh yes...he thinks it's oh so funny.

Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can't wait to read her take on raising a baby!  She looks really cute with a baby bump too.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do you fart/pass gass/ flatulate in front of your husband? Yup, even though it took me a while to be comfortable with it

Does he in front of you? Gosh, yes. All the freaking time. And he giggles just like a little kid, he says he can't help it bc he thinks farts are funny.

We don't usually close the door to go #1 around here, but #2 yes.
  • I fart in front of my dog - I think its funny.  I also think its funny when my dog farts and then runs around to see what it was.  I feel horrible doing it front of other people though. 

I'm so glad this is a lively discussion!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:c9f50580-6b7b-4f33-9cf7-958cd2afe009">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I fart in front of my dog - I think its funny.  I also think its funny when my dog farts and then runs around to see what it was.  I feel horrible doing it front of other people though.  I'm so glad this is a lively discussion!
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

OMG, Hasselhoff does this.  He bites at his bum and sometimes growls at it.  It is the funniest thing ever. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:dc81ffc9-86ba-4a73-8bb9-ffafb6692cb5">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont care how old I get, farts are funny.
    Posted by crose29[/QUOTE]

Farts are funny most of the time, but not when they are in the form of a Dutch Oven...Those are deadly and leave you gasping for air!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_poll-maybe-tmi-its-slow-sue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:9236f3db-71ad-4194-b752-57e9f0a8a4acPost:2a8c1f45-39a4-421c-bc61-705be3e9b5f7">Re: Poll - Maybe TMI - Its slow - sue me</a>:
    [QUOTE]we do, and we both think its hilarious.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

this.
  • Yeah, no for me.  I just think some things don't need to be shared.  And the bathroom door is ALWAYS closed.  They put doors on them for a reason.  H used to fart all the time in front of me - I told him enough times that bathrooms are there partly for that specific reason.  Now he hardly does it at all in front of me, which I appreciate.
    Photobucket
  • mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2010
    We do, but he's way worse about it than I am.

This thread reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Lois and Peter are trying to get Meg and Chris dates. Peter locks Meg in the car with him and farts. When she tries to escape he tells her that if she's going to love a man she has to love his farts.

I think about that every time Lucas farts because his are horrid.

ETA: aaannnnddd apparently I'm squirrly today.
  • We both fart and burp in front of eachother.  No boundries there.  I actually can't smell farts (or skunks for that matter).  FI loves it since he can let out SBDs and I have no idea (I also don't know if mine smell or not, which isn't always a good thing!).

In the bathroom though, I'm all about shutting the door.  Even when just peeing.  It's my private time.

I love when my dog farts :)  He jumps then stares at his bum for a good 2 minutes.
  • I think I read that people fart at least 16 times a day on average so I say let 'em rip.  My mom will carry on a conversation while she's tooting away and never even miss a word.  It cracks me up because she thinks people can't hear her. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2010

We both do everything in front of one another. It took me a little while to be comfortable with farting in front of him but now we find it funny. He never had any problem farting or burping infront of me or infront of anyone and his farts STINK. They're so thick and will linger in the same roome for about 5 minutes. It's pretty gross. He has no problem doing it in public too.That's where I draw the line. It's so embarassing!!

One time he told me he was at Target with his brother. They were in different parts of the store and FI let out a fart. About 5 minutes later his brother passed by the same part of the store my FI farted and sent him a text asking him "Did you fart?" lol

Maya
    (ISSR Shiloh Shepherd)
    wedding websites
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards