April 2013 Weddings

We get a honeymoon!!!

We're having a destination wedding in Savannah, Ga and while the wedding itself is small and I'm doing a lot of DIY, the airfare, rental car, and hotel costs are killing us!  Because of this, I wasn't sure if we'd be able to afford a honeymoon. 

FI wanted to spend a few days in Charleston, SC after the wedding, but there was no way we could afford it - our wedding coincides with something called Race Week and the hotels have jacked up their prices to ridiculous levels.  There went our honeymoon.

A friend suggested researching vacation rentals and I was able to find a reasonably priced one.  After exchanging a few emails, the owner not only said the property was available but she's knocking almost half the cost off because she usually rents by the month, but someone rented a month and a half, so the first half of April is open and she didn't think she'd be able to rent it.  (Another catch - it's 20 minutes from Charleston, but we really don't mind that since we're further than that from Chicago so driving is no big deal.)

Long story short, our "familymoon" will be in a 3 bedroom cottage with an inground pool, screened in porch, lots of amenities, and a quiet location away from the hustle & bustle (and huge cost) of the big city.  YAY!!!  FI is going to be SO excited when he hears this!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
RSVP Deadline: March 8th

Re: We get a honeymoon!!!

• Yay, that sounds awesome!

Anniversary
  • Yes!!!  I <3 Charleston and I don't have any doubt that you will, too :-)  I'm having my bachelorette party there in March.  Are you staying at the beach?
  • 20 minutes out of Charleston? So Summterville? Or closer to Savannah?
  • Wow! Yay!! I'm glad it worked out for you and it sounds like a better deal than a hotel suite anyway! :) It sounds much more relaxing and fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards