Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Where to rent candelabras

Can anyone recommend a place to rent candelabras? Preferably Bucks County area, but else where is fine. Or some place to buy super cheap ones would work too. Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where to rent candelabras

• edited December 2011
    How many do you need?  I've seen some w/hanging crystals at Homegoods.  Each time I see them, they only have a few though.
  • edited December 2011
    How many do you need?  This might be a little strange... but check into theatres.  Every theatre I worked had (and this includes ones at colleges) has had candelabras in the prop house.  And if they're not using them... and they can make a little extra money renting it to you, they will.  Most theatres are not-for-profit, so any way they can make money, they will.

The Bucks County Playhouse just closed... and I don't know if they're selling any of their old props or costumes, but it's definitely something worth looking into.  Also the Walnut Street Theatre, the Arden Theatre, any of the colleges that have big theatre programs. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    How many do you need? I have 12 ( I think) that I used for my wedding and plan to sell whenever I get a For Sale bio.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks. I never would have thought of asking theatres. I'm thinking of having them on half of my tables, so I would need around 7.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Jenny - what do yours look like?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • edited December 2011
    I've been looking for these as well (crystal ones) and can't find them.  I might just end up buying them so perhaps I can rent them to you?

here's also a reasonable price to rent silver ones: http://www.leisersrentals.com/party/candelabra_table
    They're only $15 each.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry that is so HUGE, i can't figure out how to make it smaller.
  • edited December 2011

Very pretty! I am looking for something silver with 5-7 candles though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://philadelphia.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_rent-candelabras?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:1e42b7c0-3a3a-40b4-ba29-5f6243730d34Post:e2adc462-0c32-461a-bec7-2a778cb74950">Re: Where to rent candelabras</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very pretty! I am looking for something silver with 5-7 candles though.
    Posted by rachelk456[/QUOTE]

Check out the "Candeleabra 5 lite nickel 34" Tall" from the link I posted.
  • Did anyone have luck with this? I am looking too and they are soo hard to find! I love in Philadelphia a pretty big city and still can't I need 9 I am doing half my tables with them.
  • Hi, I got married last February and used http://www.rentalcompare.com to search and then rent candalabras, tables, chairs, a tent, a bar and some lounge furniture. It is a great site as you can search from a variety of vendors, get the best prices and see everything that is available in your area.  It is also good for generating ideas on different looks for your event.  Good luck and have fun!  Sandra
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards