Snarky Brides

Should I decorate my wheelchair?

Okay so I need help... I'm in a wheelchair and  I'm getting married August 29th.  I'm not normally someone who focuses strongly on my wheelchair, however, I'm not afraid to make jokes of it either.

Several people, mainly my mother and friends, think it would be cute to decorate the back of my wheelchair.  The dress I have doesn't really call for a train, so that isn't going to work.  I have seen the large flowers which have been placed on the back of chairs during a dinner reception, those might be cute, something like this: http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/63924/detailview.aspx?id=63924&type=3&pageindex=77

I'm just not sure.  Any thoughts?  All suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Should I decorate my wheelchair?

• I love that flower! I'd personally do nothing. Although I do like that flower a lot...
  • ohwhynotohwhynot member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    I vote yes.  I think it would be pretty and festive and romantic.

ETA:  Not necessarily that flower, but something similar in a different fabric, or perhaps some flow-y fabric draped in a pretty way. 
  • It's NMS, personally. 
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I don't know if you saw the show, but Say Yes To The Dress had an episode with a bride who uses a wheelchair.  She had an amazing gown, and the train somehow went across the back of the chair and then down to the floor.    I think it just attached to the back of the chair.  She was gorgeous.  However, I also love the idea you had with the flower on the back of the chair.  Or, could you get a sort of a bouquet, or a strand of flowers to go across the back of the chair.  That would be cool too.  I don't think you can go wrong.

I personally think there should be a board on the Knot for brides with unique style needs.
  • I think any way you choose to decorate your chair will be just fabulous.
  •  I remember weeza was in a wheel chair for her wedding but Idon't remember any decorations on it.

Let me email her to find out.  Her wedding was gorgeous!
  • This bride put a "just married" sign and a string of cans on the back of her wheelchair.

http://offbeatbride.com/2010/01/bright-green-alberta-wedding

A bit cheesy, but I always thought it was adorable.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_should-decorate-wheelchair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:289d2dfc-10d8-4ac3-a627-dc247da4249aPost:a13f48f3-4e18-4aad-a774-cd461783117e">Re: Should I decorate my wheelchair?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if you saw the show, but Say Yes To The Dress had an episode with a bride who uses a wheelchair.  She had an amazing gown, and the train somehow went across the back of the chair and then down to the floor.    I think it just attached to the back of the chair.  She was gorgeous.  However, I also love the idea you had with the flower on the back of the chair.  Or, could you get a sort of a bouquet, or a strand of flowers to go across the back of the chair.  That would be cool too.  I don't think you can go wrong. I personally think there should be a board on the Knot for brides with unique style needs.
    Posted by deepcovejackie[/QUOTE]

<div>I thought this episode was so great! And I loved her wheel chair train</div>
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_should-decorate-wheelchair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:289d2dfc-10d8-4ac3-a627-dc247da4249aPost:a13f48f3-4e18-4aad-a774-cd461783117e">Re: Should I decorate my wheelchair?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if you saw the show, but Say Yes To The Dress had an episode with a bride who uses a wheelchair.  She had an amazing gown, and the train somehow went across the back of the chair and then down to the floor.    I think it just attached to the back of the chair.  She was gorgeous.  However, I also love the idea you had with the flower on the back of the chair.  Or, could you get a sort of a bouquet, or a strand of flowers to go across the back of the chair.  That would be cool too.  I don't think you can go wrong. I personally think there should be a board on the Knot for brides with unique style needs.
    Posted by deepcovejackie[/QUOTE]

Loved this episode!!! refreshing to see after the bridezilla parade.

Like the idea of the just married sign.  Instead of cans though, see if your florist can string together a few short garlands of flowers.  I remember seeing limos in Toronto years ago decorated with little bunches of carnations and crepe paper (I'd use a chiffon ribbon).
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • you know those signs that say "bride" and "groom" on  them for the reception chairs? i think it would be really cute to put one of those on the back of your wheelchair. and it would be a really cute photo op also.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards