Ohio-Columbus

Father-Daughter dance songs

Hi everyone,
I'm running into the issue of picking a Father/Daughter dance song. I don't want anything too cheesy, or country :( Anyone have a suggestion? I'm thinking I'd like my dad to know the song, so nothing too new. Maybe beach boys or beatles?

Thanks for helping!!!
stacey

Re: Father-Daughter dance songs

• BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some may think our song choice was cheesy, but we danced to "The Way You Look Tonight" from the movie Father of the Bride.  Our family loves that movie, and so it had significance to us. 

Here is a link to some song choices labeled "non-cheesy": songs
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Paul McCartney's "I Lost my Little Girl"?

Here are the lyrics:

Well I Woke Up Late This Morning
    My Head Was In The Whirl
    Only When I Realized
    I Lost My Little Girl
    Oh Oh Oh Oh
    Well Her Clothes Were Not Expensive
    Her Hair
    Didn't Always Curl
    I Don't Know Why I Loved Her
    But I Loved My Little Girl
    Oh Oh Oh Oh
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    Why not try asking your Dad if he has a song in mind? If not, you could check out weddingwire.com. That site helped us a lot when we were doing out special dance songs.

My Dad and I danced to "Sweet Melissa" by the Allmond Brothers. Well, my name is Melissa and that song was really special to him. I couldn't tell him no.
  • gillivmlgillivml member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      My father and I danced to "Lullabye (Goodnight My Angel)" by Billy Joel.  I cry everytime I hear that song, it is so sweet. 
  • itsallnice421itsallnice421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a short list here: http://offbeatbride.com/2007/06/non-sappy-fatherdaughter-dance-songs, plus a lot of brides commented with their own suggestions below the article.
  • edited December 2011
    We danced to "Over the Rainbow" (the Israel K version). I really didn't want to dance to anything that was too sappy. It also  has a special place for me because I had an obsession with the Wizard of Oz when I was about 3, and my parents were still together, we went to a Halloween/birthday party as Dorothy (me, of course!), the Scarecrow (Dad) and the Wicked Witch of the West (Mom), That was the last Halloween we had as a family, so it meant a lot to have that song for me and my dad. As we were dancing to it at my wedding, I told my dad why I picked it and he cried off and on for the rest of the song. It was sweet. It was either that song or "It's Not Easy Being Green" (my maiden name is Green, and some of the songs we played at the wedding had a bit of humor, so it would have worked). So pick a song that means something to you both- and it doesn't necessarily have to have the words "father" and "daughter." Good luck and take your time thinking about the right one.
  • Ungargirl16Ungargirl16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all SO much for the suggestions. I knew the song when I cried after reading "Green795" suggestion...Its funny how easily we can forget about songs that touch our lives when we're younger. Thanks for that!!

Stacey
  • edited December 2011
    we are dancing to I loved her first
  • edited December 2011
    Ungargirl16, we're so happy to help! If you don't mind me asking, which song did you pick? (I tried to send a PM but I didn't see the option for you. You don't have to say it if it's too personal.:))
  • bmagers.1bmagers.1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sep72fendr=

love the bridzilla thing, lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards