Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

best man's tux

Is it customary for the groom to pay for the best man's tux rental?

Re: best man's tux

• Options
    Generally, the BM and other GM pay for their own tux  rental just as the bridesmaids pay for their own dress.  If you have the funds and wish to pay for the dresses and tuxes, I'm sure it would be appreciated.
  • Options
    No, in Canada and the United States it's traditional for the wedding party to pay for their own attire - this includes buying dresses for the women and renting tuxes for the men.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_mans-tux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:53d0124a-d663-44f2-8032-55ac76f0ebeePost:c141bff3-5383-46e8-949e-23e278135888">Re: best man's tux</a>:
    [QUOTE]No usually the BP pays for their attire. <strong>However the B&G should take their BP's budget into account when deciding on the attire.</strong>
    Posted by I <3 Seabass[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to ditto this.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_mans-tux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:53d0124a-d663-44f2-8032-55ac76f0ebeePost:c141bff3-5383-46e8-949e-23e278135888">Re: best man's tux</a>:
    [QUOTE]No usually the BP pays for their attire. However <strong>the B&G should take their BP's budget into account when deciding on the attire.</strong>
    Posted by I <3 Seabass[/QUOTE]

<div>That's what I was going to say.  As long as he is consulted about his budget before the fact, you can expect him to take care of his own rental.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards