Offbeat Weddings
Options

XP Visit to the Resort PIP

This weekend we took the trip up to the resort.

Yesterday morning at 9am we met with our coordinator to work through some final details. She started by taking us to our reception venue which has been emptied (it was full of stuff last time I saw it) so that we could discuss where we wanted everything to be. We plotted out the bar, the dance floor, the cake table, the head table, etc.

We were shuttled around in the golf carts from location to location. These are the same golf carts that they will use to shuttle the guests as it is a bit of a walk from the ceremony/cocktail hour end of the resort to the reception end of the resort.

After that we went to the ceremony location and plotted everything out there as well. I didn't really take new pictures of the ceremony location as I already had these good ones to go by from our first visit up:

We discussed all the little details like which decorations we're using/bringing, what we need her to set up, where we're getting ready, timings for everything, what all we want the staff serving during cocktail hours vs what is just there at the booths for guests to access, etc. I know that there is a larger conference room/suite that we'll be using to get ready in, it has its own bathrooms/kitchen (FI is getting ready off site at a cottage his family rented) and she is having a bottle of champagne and some non alcoholic sparking drinks (2 pregnant bridesmaids) sent to the room for us.

After that we had some time to spend just relaxing and enjoying the resort. Wandered around near the ceremony area checking out some of the pretty areas we have and took a ton of picture to share with our photogs. They are local to us and coming with us to our DW so don't know the area. Figured this might held spark some photo ideas :)

After that we went to their upscale diningroom Elements for our tasting. Here's the diningroom:

They reserved us a window table with a view of the lake as well as overlooking our ceremony venue. It was interesting getting to view the whole area from above to see the layout that way!

And of course, the food!
We started with 2 salads, the first was FI's choice: Caprese salad of mozzarella, vine ripened tomatoes, shaved prosciutto, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinigrette

And then my choice of salad: Butter lettuce, red oak and crispy iceberg salad with cucumber ribbons, pickled carrots, radish, smoked Muscovy duck & champagne vinaigrette

Then we moved onto the main course. FI's choice: Tenderloin of Canadian beef with crispy shallots & porcini mushroom sauce

And my choice: Parmesan crusted chicken with lemon sage & Asiago cream sauce

We also had a pasta option. We forgot to take a picture right away  but here's some of it: Orecchiette with rapini, spinach & garlic infused olive oil

After that we moved onto to dessert which was a selection of deserts selected by the pastry chef. We had sea salt brownies, carrot cake, a butter tart and creme brule. I will admit though, it was SO good and we totally didn`t get a picture of it lol

All in all it was an amazing weekend and we got SO much figured out! I am feeling 100%+ better about everything and more excited about the wedding! Can`t wait to get home and see if we have more RSVPs waiting for us!

Re: XP Visit to the Resort PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards