Nebraska-Omaha

Vendor Reviews-October 23, 2010

We were married on October 23, and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day! Everything was amazing and we couldn't have asked for anything better!

Catering-N/A
We chose to do an afternoon reception, so there was no meal or alcohol served.  We did, however do a popcorn buffet with various flavors of popcorn and mix in candies

Cake-Alane Johns----A-
We had two 5-tier cakes.  One was white with white frosting, one was chocolate with chocolate frosting.  They really turned out beautiful.  The minus is because of the taste.  I don't know what it was but for some reason that day the cake didn't taste quite as moist as it did when we had our taste test a few months before.  Her prices were unbeatable though, so we're happy

Flowers-Wedding Flowers by Claudia--A+++++++
Claudia did an amazing job.  We wanted to do fake flowers because of cost and I had seen her work before and got her contact info to ask how much it would be do use her services.  By far, our flowers were more affordable than real ones, and you couldn't tell the difference!  She did an initial consultation with me, and we made a rough plan of what we wanted for the wedding.  She then did a shopping trip with me to pick the flowers.  When we got the bouquets, we were astounded--they were gorgeous.  We got so many compliments on them!!  We highly recommend her!

DJ-Showtime Music- B-
I don't know if I didn't really like them because it was an afternoon reception and people didn't stay very long so not much dancing was done, or if I was just irritated that none of the songs we requested at our consultation were played.  The DJ we had was very nice, and when we would go to request something at the reception, he would play it, but the good stuff didn't come on until after everyone left while we were cleaning up.  We probably wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Day-of-Coordination-Gwen Mueller- A
Since we got married at Offutt Air Force Base, we were required to use their coordinator.  She definately knows what she is doing (20 years worth of experience) and the day ran very smoothly because of her help.

Transportation-N/A
We drove ourselves :) it made for more epic stories (people getting lost, people not being able to get on base--very exciting)

Bride's Dress-David's Bridal (Omaha)--A
I was hesitant to go to Davids because of horror stories I have heard about them, but I am glad I didn't listen.  I was SO pleased with the service I received (other bridal stores wouldn't even give me the time of day when I walked in--I know I look young but I'm not!).  I worked first with Mary and then with Sharon.  Both ladies were incredibly helpful and accomidating and I highly recommend Davids.  My dress was perfect and exactly what I wanted (and affordable!)
**Important Note**
I was NOT impressed with their alterations department.  I used a different alterations lady (who was amazing) but had my bead check done by the alterations at Davids before I took it home.  They didn't do anything--half the beads were falling off and my alterations lady had to fix them all by hand.  I was not impressed one bit.

Bridesmaid Dresses-David's Bridal - A
My girls didn't have a problem with picking out their dresses.  They got to wear whatever they wanted as long as it was Marine and knee length.  They all seemed pleased with Davids as well, and all received their dresses in good time.  The dresses were all beautiful too!

Tuxes-Mr. Tuxedo- A
We only had tuxes for the dads, our ring bearer and one groomsman.  Most of the groomsmen and the groom were military and wore mess dress.  The tuxes turned out really nice and they were also the cheapest Tux place in Omaha.  We were very pleased

Alterations--Custom Occasions (Sharon Van Fleet)- A-
We heard about Sharon via a friend and we are very happy we did.  She did a great job and her prices were unbeatable! The only reason the A had a minus is because she can be a bit scatterbrained. I had 2 fittings before she remembered to do an underbustle rather than an overbustle--but she fixed it all before the wedding

Engagement Pictures--Micalah Magee- A+
Micalah is a newer photographer (and a family friend) but she has an eye for a good shot and we couldn't have been happier with our engagement pictures.  They turned out stunning!  She was also the second photographer at the wedding, but we haven't seen those pictures yet (but have no doubts they turned out beautifully as well)

Photography-Shady Acres Photography (Karin Pruess)- A+++++
Karin captured our day in a way I never dreamed possible!  The pictures turned out incredible and we couldn't be happier with them!  Karin is great to work with but be warned-she only does one wedding a month and books up fast!

Videographer-N/A
We had my uncle videotape.

Rentals-Rental City-A

Paper Products/Invitations-Plan B Paper Goods (Brandi Sestak)-A++
Brandi was amazing!  We LOVED our invitations and loved all the little details that she put together for our big day.  Her prices are cheaper than what you'll find online and you'll get an elegant look for less!

Reception Location-Offutt AFB Community Center-A

I can't think of any additional vendors off of the top of my head, but if I do, I'll post them.  Email me at gazaryan.kim@gmail.com if you'd like to see pictures or if you'd like the contact information for any of these individuals.

Re: Vendor Reviews-October 23, 2010

• edited December 2011
    Hair/Makeup--Texture Salon (Amanda Owens)--A+
    Amanda was amazingly talented and great to work with. She came to my house to get everyone done and brought a coworker (Leah) with her. I have never seen such beautiful hairstyles/makeup at a wedding before!

Nails--Texture Salon (Kim Nobles)-A
    I hate having fake nails, but I did for the wedding since I bit them all off the week before. Kim is great and I really liked how the nails turned out, they're just a pain to get off :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards