California-Los Angeles

Downtown LA Wedding Venues

Hey Ladies!

I'm brand new on here, just got engaged two weeks ago and still SO excited!

I'm looking for some downtown venues for my Feb. 2011 wedding. It would be awesome if  one had a skyline view for the cocktail hour but I'm open to anything for our ceremony and reception. Thanks so much for reading!

Re: Downtown LA Wedding Venues

• edited December 2011
    there's a cool place that I can't afford but am totally in love with, haha, called Oviatt Penthouse. You can have the reception on the rooftop with 360 degree view of downtown LA. I never actually visited there, but it looks amazing. Kinda pricey (for me, at least) because you have to use their restaurant to cater, and it's uber fancy.

http://www.oviatt.com/

I'd be married there in a heartbeat if I was so damn poor :)
  • edited December 2011
    i've seen a beautiful wedding at The Builtmore. Have no idea what the prices are like but it's so "old downtown"
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The City Club at Bunker Hill. :) They have amazing views. It's a little pricey but a wonderful venue. 
  • edited December 2011

The Hilton Checkers hotel has a rooftop deck for receptions.

http://www.hiltoncheckers.com/meetings_roof.php

• czarinamaeczarinamae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I could afford it, I would totally get married in Vibiana.  It's a restored church and the front of the church is white marble.  It's beautiful!
    Photobucket
    Sep 2011 Siggy Challenge: Flower Inspiration
    Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    City Club!!!!!!!!!!!!  That's where we're doing it.  It's so amazing, and because times are tough, they're making some decent package deals that include catering, cake and champagne. :)
  • dorotheagoodorotheagoo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marvimon but it can get pricey.
  • edited December 2011
    Bonaventure
  • edited December 2011
    Millenium Biltmore is $15k just to walk in the door, and $150+ for basic food package, FYI. Just be aware before you fall in love with it.

Also, my fiance and I fell in love with the Los Angeles Theater lobby, but the manager told me he doesn't book weddings "more than a month out" in case they have a studio request to use them for filming. I was like: WTF?!
  • bholmesebholmese member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thanks SO much ladies!! I know you know how endless the possibilities feel when you first start looking so your advise is much appreciated!!
  • jazzzkat17jazzzkat17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really liked the LA Athletic Club and could almost afford it.  The person in charge, her name escapes me, was nice, willing to bargain, and she seemed really on top of things.  They do have a rooftop option if your party is small enough. 

Having said that, in the end it was still more money than we wanted to spend. 

We are getting married at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels and having our reception at Union Station.  We will get some cool downtown pics since the Disney Concert Hall is right next door to the cathedral. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards