African American Weddings

Make Up Monday

So I know that you ladies mentioned needing make up tips, etc so I figured maybe we can share pictures that we have come across.

I am going for a more natural look so here is something that I came across.

Let me see what you got ladies!!!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Make Up Monday

• adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going for a more natural look but with rosier cheeks and more of a pink lip.

• ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

My dress is bold, dramatic, and couture so I need a look that goes with that. Unfortunately I know next to nothing about makeup so I am going to try some looks with my friend/makeup artist.

• edited December 2011
    I am having an early wedding so I want my makeup to be really fresh and natural looking. I'm going to play up my eyes and go really natural with the rest of my face.

• edited December 2011
    I love this look on Chrisette Michelle, I went for a more natural and light pink based makeup for my epics, so I want something more bold maybe between the Chrisette and the Monica

• TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am torn between two looks, a more bold one like rihanna or a more natural one sanaa

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is cute, I want a lil more drama though

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love this idea, because I need lots of help in this dept.  I will more than likely go with a more natural, subtle look because I typically do not wear makeup, so I don't want to look like a stranger to my FI on our wedding day.  I plan on scheduling an appointment with a MUA soon.  Have you ladies done a trial yet?  If so, with who, and did they charge you for a MU trial?  I went to the mall a few months ago, and I came out looking like I was in black face.  I looked a hot mess.  The foundation did not match my complexion at all!  So, I definately need a more natural look.  I would post a pic, but y'all know I struggle with posting pics  on this board with the new format for some reason.
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE this post!
  • edited December 2011
    I love her make up and Hair! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Because I recently cut my hair again (silly me!!), I will wear my hair like Malinda Williams and go for a fresh, bronzed face like Monique has been rocking lately. Very nude, sun kissed, false lashes, that's it. I normally don't wear makeup so I want to be natural looking.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the dramatic eye look

See full size image
  • edited December 2011

My make-up Inspiration. Done by my make-up artist.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011
    I love your second picture YasJas2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_monday-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cee3c7cf-2002-4c69-862b-f2e4d47500edPost:23ebec18-caef-4ec8-bcff-44bc08e7476f">Re: Make Up Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love your second picture YasJas2011
    Posted by 1TriniDiva[/QUOTE]

Thank you TriniDiva!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011

This is a great post....I love you'll ideas.  I will be going with the natural look like Sanaa.  My FI biggest fear is not being able to recognize me on our wedding day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I like this Jordin Sparks look....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @ TinaMM- Why not go bold for the reception..it looks like you could have a lipcolor change and drama up the eyes rather easily in between. 
    I love this post cause I have no idea what mymake up will look like!!
  • TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Rhoyal 1, I was tinking that too, luckily one of my best girlfriends is a makeup artist and she has been told she will be put to work, and she's cool with it since she does not do many brides makeup. I just want my Dh to kiss me because he is not a lipstick fan. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards