Wedding Etiquette Forum

Friday Night!

Re: Friday Night!

• You're dress is super pretty Sparent.

Maybe I need to get FI to esplain how this whole downloading pictures from the camera works...
  • I love how unique and personal each knottie's dress is. Even if we all have different tastes, they all manage to totally fit that knottie. I've yet to see many dresses that I just flat out was turned off by.
  • Ok, now I'm KUI. :) I love the lace, Holly! **Points to sig pic** Sparent, your dress is incredibly figure flattering. That's going to make the ladies look excellent. ;)
  • I love my ladies thanks :P 

I agree with MuSu I have loved everyone's dresses so far for them. 

Tell your Mum thanks Chrissy. I think my mom will like it better in person. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Okay...

(I'll probably delete this later)

Also, please ignore my laundry in the reflection.  This is clearly an awesome quality picture.
  • Omg MUN you are so adorable and tiny! I love that dress, it looks amazing on you! You are right, it doesn't need alterations at all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:179967b4-2fb7-409c-aefc-1812e126fe14">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sparent, I love your dress!  Definitely not something that would look good on me, but it looks fantastic on you! Erin, your dress was pretty too!  Funny thing is, when I had this image in my head of my dress, it did not include lace at all.  It was full satin with beads on the skirt.  I did not end up with what I thought I would.  I also really wanted a ballgown, and ended up with an A-line.  But when I put that dress on, I did not want to take it off, and I refused to try on any other dresses.  It was dress number 3 or 4, I think, that I tried on.  Didn't take me long to find the dress.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

Haha I had a similar experience. I thought I wanted something TOTALLY different than a big princess dress, I thought I wanted something light and flowy. Low and behold, I ended up with a totally old school ball gown that weighed about 20 lbs. lol.
  • Mun, you look amazing in that dress.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Muni that looks so cute! You look so cute. I reminds me of like Alice in Wonderland type whimsical/romatic I am not sure if I am finding the right words... 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Muni, you're a doll! Love it. 

Holly, I didn't want lace either. In fact, I told then FI that there would NO LACE! My mom begged me to try the dress on and I did just to appease her. It was my 3rd or 4th dress too and I just loved it.
  • Thanks ladies!  I got so much flack about it, so it's nice to have my choice validated.

I think it's really interesting to hear what people *thought* they wanted vs what the ended up loving.

I knew exactly what i wanted.  I saw a picture of this one and knew it was going to be it...convincing everyone else of that was a whole different story.

Also, Sparent, she's going to love it the end, i'm sure.  Your dress is completely amazing.
  • Chrissy she is just being weird I think she felt left out and couldn't be there (she was sick) so she didn't want me to buy it without her.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The look on J's face and his repeated compliments all night validated my choice at the end of it all. :)
  • I was surprised my mom wanted to go with me. It made very happy she went with me. I know her dreams of what my wedding would be like were completely different from what my wedding was but she completely embraced it. 
  • I cannot wait to see more of your pictures MuSu.  The ones you showed were awesome.

I'm going to steal photography ideas like CRAZY.  ...my pinterest feed might end up full of your face that day.
  • It is funny how trying the dress on during alterations, etc, it felt great but actually putting it on with the makeup & hair done and all that... I felt like a million dollars.
  • I want to change my sig pic but I can't remember my photobucket password/username. I also can't remember if I even used photobucket. Fail.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:7f78dd6d-2132-42f3-a70b-86d636a133cf">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cannot wait to see more of your pictures MuSu.  The ones you showed were awesome. I'm going to steal photography ideas like CRAZY.  ...my pinterest feed might end up full of your face that day.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Haha I stole lots of photography ideas too. :) Except a lot of them didn't work out totally since like 80% of them had snow involved lol.
  • I think the problem, Holly is that it is difficult for some people to wrap their minds around a bride not being a cupcake.  I don't have to be in a pouffy dress with satin shoes and a white pearl necklace to still look like a bride.  

...I cannot wait for them to see my wedding jewelry.  they're gonna HAAAAAAATE it.
  • I know how you feel, Holly. I felt like that pretty much for the last 4 months prior. But then the wedding day went so fast. :(
  • Love it, MUNI!  And sparent, if I could go back in time, I would get your dress.

I wish my dress had fit me right :(

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Chrissy regardless of what you choose you will look amazing in it :D 

I thought simple but I am dramatic at heart I love the dramatic bottoms... mostly bC I like to play with them. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • it's sad you didn't get your snow.

But you looked amazing, sooooo no one was looking at the ground anyway, right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:545a71c3-1be5-4f5a-a235-72c00e07db72">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you thought about doing a Rock the Dress after a fab snow storm?
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

I've contemplated it. I know for sure that my photog would be totally into it. He'd probably give me a good deal too. I don't really know what i'd do with the photos afterward though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:faa4e95b-c8db-49dd-b64a-7234fb44b37c">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]it's sad you didn't get your snow. But you looked amazing, sooooo no one was looking at the ground anyway, right?
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

The only bright side was that it was at least warm. If it were really ass cold and no snow, I would've been pissed. But it was 45 degrees and sunny, so that made up for it a little.
  • MUNI, do you have pics of your wedding jewelry?

• MyUserName1MyUserName1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    How did it not fit, J?

It looks great in your sig...
  • J it looks like it fit right to me in your sig pic?
  • I agree with everyone else...I don't see anyting not fitting in your sig. 

Typing is getting hard...
  • Ladies, I present to you....my boobies.  As I almost presented them to everyone several times.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards