South Carolina

DIY Invitations

I am considering making my own invitations as a way to save money for my wedding. Is there anyone from SC that can give me advice on how to do this and maybe some places that you were able to get your supplies from? :)

Re: DIY Invitations

• katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You should check out the DIY or Invites and Paper boards.  I am making mine and ordering all my paper supplies from textstyledesigns.com.  Check out the Invites and Paper board and you will find tons of websites that other brides use.
  • edited December 2011
    I made my own on Microsoft Publisher and had a professional printer print them off. You can also print your own from Walmart, Target, Michael's or Hobby Lobby. I got program supplies from Hobby Lobby for a very very cheap price. I would also suggest looking into online suppliers like www.123print.com or www.vistaprint.com. There are others but these two are very cheap. GL
    Anniversary
  • annaescottannaescott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Office Depot actually has a pretty good selection of DIY invitations too.
  • emme25emme25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the Brides collection from Micheals.  There are pics on my bio.  I bought 2 diff styles but went with the dark brown one
  • edited December 2011
    Havent made our invitations yet, but its def. a DIY project! Our wedding is like a destination wedding for our guests so we are making boarding pass invites. Just buying natural linen paper, envelopes, and special cutting scissors! :), and found a template online. Edited it on microsoft works! :) HtH..and its kind of fun...makes me feel crafty (which I am never~! )

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards