Florida-South Florida

Where did you get supplies for DIY veil and cardbox?

I am trying to get some DIY projects done so that I don't have everything to do at the last minute. I went shopping last night, but didn't really find what I was looking for. Where do you get the material for your veil if you DIY? Also, where do you get the boxes to wrap up for a card box like this one?

Thanks!

Re: Where did you get supplies for DIY veil and cardbox?

• avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got the stacked boxes at a craft store, and fabric to cover it at Joann's.
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you can get the fabric for both the veil and the card box at any place that sells fabrics, and for the veil you can also get the tuelle at Michael's.
  • caleb0318caleb0318 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got the boxes and the fabric to wrap my card box at joann's as well.
  • jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea I looked at JoAnns yesterday and they didn't have much in the way of choices, but I am going to another JoAnns tonight, so hopefully I will have more luck.
  • edited December 2011
    The JoAnn's just off Sample and 441 is huge and usually has a huge selection! HTH!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    funny I have the same sample picture for my card box. I bought my boxes for the card box at the Container Store and the fabric to wrap the boxes I got at Jo Ann's. If you need the directions to make the card box from scratch I can send you an email. GL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just as a suggestion to the veil issue... I was going to make my own veil to save money but when I starting to think about the cost of materials and crystals it was adding up fast. I found a vendor on ebay called venus veiils I ordered a veil exactly how I wanted it for $35 (including shipping). You might save yourself the time if you consider buying it.
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I had looked to buy a veil but not on ebay. It does look like they have some nice ones on there. My mom was going to make it for me, I am not sure if she really wants to or if she was just doing it to save money, I guess I should find out, because those seem like an option. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards