New Hampshire

DH Holiday Present FAIL

I had the brilliant idea to add onto our Comcast package for DH for Christmas.  He loves sports and is always sad that he has to go over someone's house to watch NFL Network and ESPN U.

Visit Comcast.com and we ALREADY have those channels!!! We've been paying an extra $13 a month for them for YEARS just never bothered looking.

Anyway, what are you getting FI/DH for holidays???

Re: DH Holiday Present FAIL

• edited December 2011
    That stinks you've been paying for them and didn't know.

I'm getting FI a new iPod for Christmas, the one he has is the first one they ever came out with and is full. I think I'll order it from apple.com and put a cute engraving on the back.
    My Bio
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 47 Ready to Party
    image 7 Missing out
    image 100 Need to find the mailbox
  • edited December 2011
    I have no idea what to do for him this year.  I got him a Kindle for our 1st anniversary  (paper - of the digital variety!) last month and he is smitten with it, but I don't know how to top that.  Might have to get some freaky deaky thing off etsy for him....
  • Luv2Cook27Luv2Cook27 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear FI is getting a new flat screen monitor for his computer.  He never asks for anything for Christmas, this is the first time he did. 
    ~*Emily*~
    Wedding Bio

Anniversary
  • FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting FI a beer making kit....the closet in my spare room is filled with saved beer bottle so its time to put those to use.
  • EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know yet! FI just wants to do just stockings, no big gifts since the wedding is not long after Christmas he wants us to save money! I am already bummed about not being able to go back to NH for the Holidays this year, not exchanging gifts with each other would stink even though I agree with his reasoning!
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • PokesPokes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing, Hubs gets nothing this year. He isnt getting me anything either though. This year we are just making sure that the kido gets to have stuff under the tree.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_dh-holiday-present-fail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:101Discussion:7de86ab5-2ffd-4629-a597-788aee8b95a6Post:e2d3a01f-e1ef-490a-bbfd-d047a63a4914">Re: DH Holiday Present FAIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nothing, Hubs gets nothing this year. He isnt getting me anything either though. This year we are just making sure that the kido gets to have stuff under the tree.
    Posted by Pokes[/QUOTE]

This is what we usually do (minus the kiddo part till next year).  DH's birthday is actually mid December - sports package was hopefully for that.

Lots of good ideas here - thanks all!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think we're just doing stockings. We are trying to save up for a new living room set, and we don't even have a tree yet! We're planning on getting a fake tree and didn't realize how much those cost, haha.
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I set a limit this year since we are saving for the wedding....

I got FI a new watch (for running) that has controls on it so he can control his ipod from his pocket. I also got him a shirt and tie haha (He needs more for work)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're not exchanging gifts. 
    I can't afford it this year, after just paying for the wedding and saving for the honeymoon.  I've talked everyone else out of gift-giving so far too (co-workers, extended family, etc).
    I'm a total Scrooge this year, but there's just too much other stuff going on. 
    We're being pushed into hosting Christmas dinner for my in-laws (all of them) so that's my focus.  Undecided
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    edited December 2011
    Well, we are moving into our first apartment together this next week/weekend, so I told FI to not be surprised if he got dishes or silverware for christmas.  He said it would still be fun to open stuff and we would definitely be able to use it!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    We're just doing stockings as well.  We set a dollar limit and that's it.  We weren't going to exhange gifts at all, but we both knew that if we said that we weren't going to do gifts, we'd still get each other a little something.  So I think I'm going to get him a movie he wants and maybe some candy and a copy of his favorite magazine.  I haven't really decided yet...
    Anniversary Buying A Home
  • MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're just doing stockings also.  But FI's b-day is mid-December and I'm getting his sports car detailed as a surprise gift.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-hampshire_dh-holiday-present-fail?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:101Discussion:7de86ab5-2ffd-4629-a597-788aee8b95a6Post:dae89808-7fe6-45bf-b7bf-022807276f31">Re: DH Holiday Present FAIL</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're just doing stockings also.  But FI's b-day is mid-December and I'm getting his sports car detailed as a surprise gift.
    Posted by MrsWilson0611[/QUOTE]

This probably would have been far more exciting - I just picked up "all weather tires" with him - such a romantic birthday gift :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards