Snarky Brides

How is your

2»

Re: How is your

• Hooray for classrooms! 

Can I AW mine? It's not the best picture, but I love it because it's mine.  I've spent the last two years subbing, and now I have my very own classroom. :-)

npas, I do love the middle school age (I did a long term job with middle school choir and LOVED it)...but I'm so confused with this age in general music.  I do kind of feel like there might be something terribly wrong with me because I really do like this age group. :-)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_how-is-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab08015c-2290-4a50-8989-e4a76e1a5db9Post:2c7e096d-9008-4ea4-9929-c6ca5dce59be">Re: How is your</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How is your : A raise isn't happening (3rd year of a pay freeze) but he's not going to be happy with my schedule this year. Last year I agreed to work the 9:30-5 shift every day because the other TA has a kid in high school (the train wreck coworker, I could write a book on her sucktitude). I'm not dealing with rush hour traffic every day again, and I'm definitely not driving through back country roads and over a mountain when it's dark/slippery outside.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    Ugh, that sucks.  We're in contract so they can't freeze our pay (yet), but once the contract is open, we're done. 

Tell me about your position (we have NO tech people at all--well, we have one guy for the entire district).  What do you do day to day?
  • I am so frigging frustrated.We are 10 days past our RSVP date, and I am ready to kill people.

Let's start with my father's family. My father is dying. My grandmother (his mother) is almost 92, so she doesn't have a lot of time left. My father's brother just passed away a few months ago. You would think that people might recognize that the wedding might be the last time we can spend together before the next funeral. Everyone says they are coming....until now, when they say they are not. Thanks. I am sure my father appreciates your support. I certainly appreciate the fact that we could have invited 12 other people if they been honest about not coming. Oh, and I appreciate that when my mother calls to see if they are coming, no one can be bothered to even ask how my father is.

Let's move on to all the people who said they are coming, but now that I am pressing for RSVPs, send back "No". I especially appreciate FI's friend who said he was going to teh Jack & Jill, then didn't show, and who said he was coming the same day the RSVP arrives with a no. What the eff is wrong with you?

Sorry for the rant.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_how-is-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab08015c-2290-4a50-8989-e4a76e1a5db9Post:ce0ed6b6-d113-4fa1-a6ea-28fcb369bf9c">Re: How is your</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hooray for classrooms!  Can I AW mine? It's not the best picture, but I love it because it's mine.  I've spent the last two years subbing, and now I have my very own classroom. :-) npas, I do love the middle school age (I did a long term job with middle school choir and LOVED it)...but I'm so confused with this age in general music.  I do kind of feel like there might be something terribly wrong with me because I really do like this age group. :-)
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]
    No, it;s great!  Obviously, you're meant to be with that age group!

I need to get pics of my room!
  • I think we're on of the few counties who do.
    There's a TRT (Technology Resource Teacher) who's job is to instruct the teachers with how to use the different software programs. He gives classes on our Promethean software, Office '07, our new Moodle site, all kinds of stuff. He also helps during the day when software screws up or computers break.

I'm a Technology Assistant so basically the step before him. I do a lot of computer trouble shooting and the teachers call me first if something isn't working. I also lead the foreign language testing sessions that require the use of computer software (scary, but now I love it), and schedule our 5 computer labs and 4 laptop carts.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_how-is-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab08015c-2290-4a50-8989-e4a76e1a5db9Post:2557c17d-0eb0-49b2-82c3-cdbcae623cb0">Re: How is your</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so frigging frustrated.We are 10 days past our RSVP date, and I am ready to kill people. Let's start with my father's family. My father is dying. My grandmother (his mother) is almost 92, so she doesn't have a lot of time left. My father's brother just passed away a few months ago. You would think that people might recognize that the wedding might be the last time we can spend together before the next funeral. Everyone says they are coming....until now, when they say they are not. Thanks. I am sure my father appreciates your support. I certainly appreciate the fact that we could have invited 12 other people if they been honest about not coming. Oh, and I appreciate that when my mother calls to see if they are coming, no one can be bothered to even ask how my father is. Let's move on to all the people who said they are coming, but now that I am pressing for RSVPs, send back "No". I especially appreciate FI's friend who said he was going to teh Jack & Jill, then didn't show, and who said he was coming the same day the RSVP arrives with a no. What the eff is wrong with you? Sorry for the rant.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

Allisong, this sucks.  I'm sorry that people are such douches when it comes to commiting to coming to something. 
  • My students love my room as well. They say that the colors help them wake up. In my PIP, that is fabric on those boards. I had to switch it up on these new ones coming in. I've heard that they are crazy!! LOL!!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_how-is-your?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ab08015c-2290-4a50-8989-e4a76e1a5db9Post:378f936c-85d3-4bb1-9acd-b31106b78c2b">Re: How is your</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we're on of the few counties who do. There's a TRT (Technology Resource Teacher) who's job is to instruct the teachers with how to use the different software programs. He gives classes on our Promethean software, Office '07, our new Moodle site, all kinds of stuff. He also helps during the day when software screws up or computers break. I'm a Technology Assistant so basically the step before him. I do a lot of computer trouble shooting and the teachers call me first if something isn't working. I also lead the foreign language testing sessions that require the use of computer software (scary, but now I love it), and schedule our 5 computer labs and 4 laptop carts.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]
    That sounds awesome. How big is your school/district?

This seems amazing to me.  I work in Bergen Co, which is one of the most affluent counties in NJ (Of course, I can't afford to live there :) ) and we have one laptop cart of broken laptops, one of semi-functioning laptops, one library with about 20 comps, and two labs for classes (CAD, digital photography, etc.).  The comps are always down, we never have a printer that works (or ink or paper at times), and we can rarely use the internet in class (mainly because it sucks).  Our school website had been down for almos tthe entire summer.  It's really sad. 

Oh, AND we have no functioning copiers, which is stressingme out.  Our school is so ridiculous.
  • Kristi, that is pretty cool.  I wish I had you. :-)

Npas--no copiers?  I would freak out.  Yeesh.
  • Thank you! I am just blown away about how rude people can be. The above is just
    the tip of the iceburg. A week ago we were missing responses from 45 people.

We are missing responses from my cousin and his wife. I couldn't attend their wedding, but my mother, my sister all sent very nice gifts. None of us received thank yous. They justt sent me an invi te to their baby shower. Hell will freeze over before they get a gift from me. This is the same cousin whose father passed maway a few months back. We took off several days of work to spend time with the family for wskes, funeral and the burial, and my sister flew in from Seattle. I am guessing when the time comes with my father, they don't bother too come.

Sorry I keep ranting. I am just so pissed.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's fvcking insane.  We entered a contract with these people two years ago and the damn machines always break down.  The copier guy is there every other day.  He claims the machines can't handle how many copies we make (which may be true). The school can't affor new ones and so we have these suck-ass ones that break down all the time.  Exam week is a lot of fun.  Basically, everyone is at each other's throats to get copies done and most of the time, we don't have anything.  It's not so bad for just classroom supplies, but it sucks for tests.

Okay, end rant. 
  • Our county is ridiculous. My school has been open for 5 years and we have 1800 students in a building designed to hold 1400. I believe there are 60 schools in the county, each over capacity. Next year we are looking at 35 kids in the classroom, every class. The county is also really huge and widespread though which doesn't help matters.

We do have Promethean boards (interactive white boards) in every room though, which is pretty freaking cool. We also have computerized state testing which is both good and incredibly stressful (since I have to magically fix it if it stops working while 1000 kids are testing). The county did go under major heat though for the budget cuts this year. They spent a chunk on technology, not anticipating the economy to crash, and now have no money for anything. I believe last year the county had to eliminate 450 positions.
  • Omg--is that a regional school?  You said county, so I'm guessing a few different towns go to the same school?

We have (usually) one district per town, except in the rural areas, and our school is fairly small--about 700-800 kids.  When you see other Bergen Co schools, they are amazing (granted people pay about 15, 000 or more in prop taxes), but our school is like the ugly stepsister.  We are so bare bones, we only lost 4 teachers (more support staff, though) whereas other districts lost 700.  We literally have nothing to begin with.  It's a weird situation with illegally keeping prop taxes low in the past, so now no one wants them raised, even though they pay about $5000 (in the same county where others pay $15, 000) and live 5 mins from NYC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards