African American Weddings

"The Help" - Idea Inside

Anybody read it yet? I got it today and I'm going to do some reading in a few. I've heard so many good things and they are even making a movie later this summer. Is anyone down to read it with me and have a virtual book club? We mentioned doing one before, but it never took off although several people expressed interest. And forgive me brides-to-be...I know you all are busy enough with weddings to plan. ;)
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: "The Help" - Idea Inside

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would be fun!!! But I have enough books in my corner on the side of the bed. Bobby would look me upside the head if I buy another book for my corner library! LOL! But I'll go check it out tomorrow... don't tell him!
  • hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm down! I've been looking for a good read for a while and I just read the reviews on that book - looks good. I'll buy it later this week and start reading.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

I'm down! :) My friend fb chatted me about this earlier. Hopefully I can squeeze some time in with this read. :)

• edited December 2011
    I'm very interested. Ill go check it out as well.
    April Siggy Challenge: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm down. and PS where did you get your veil, I have been meaning to tell you how gorgeous it is!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG I ordered this book from the library today.  I should have it in a couple of days.  I am so down.  Let's do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    It's a great story.  I am willing to read it again for a book club discussion.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    it's an awesome book ladies

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just start reading it a few weeks ago and it is good so far. Im down for virtual book club!
    Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I would LOVE to read this but I cant :-( I have so many books for my classes that my head is just spinning thinking about it, but I will purchase it and read it later.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read it already...would love a discussion.  I have it on my Nook so I can always re-read.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in!!!!
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Just an FYI for the ladies who don't have time to "read' the book.  It does come in a audio book version.  I'm a commuter so that is how I "read" most of my books.   I just pop in the CD and listen to that instead of music.  Just a thought.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I downloaded it to my e-reader last night and couldn't put it down!
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to join. I think it would be a great idea.
    Anniversary
  • FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am down to be a part of the e-discussion.  I read it and loved it.
  • edited December 2011
    Yay, add me to the group, I've always wanted to do a book club, thanks for posting this!  Going to the bookstore tomorrow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry for the late response, but we were out of town. I finished the book and loved it! Let's toss around some time frames for when to discuss. How much time do we need? Wanna discuss at the end of the month?

Also, thunderkitten,I ordered my veil from Etsy for the low! Thanks for the compliment. :)
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards