New York-Hudson Valley

Reviews on Venues around the Hudson Valley

Hey Everyone!! 

I FINALLY got engaged!  So I just started planning...  I am not getting married until next year, Summer 2012.  I am from Westchester, but my fiance is from Middletown.  Has anyone ever been to a Wedding at Caitlin Gardens??  What places in the Hudson Valley do people recommend.  I am unfamiliar with most places and could use recommendations!!  Thanks Ladies!!

Re: Reviews on Venues around the Hudson Valley

• edited December 2011

Congratulations on your engagement!

Definitely take a look at Anthony's Pier 9 in New Windsor.  www.piernine.com
    Their packages are some of the best around and they have been doing it a long time and do a FANTASTIC job.

I haven't been to anything at Caitan Gardens but I'm pretty sure they get good reviews on here.

Happy Planning.

• edited December 2011
    I am not having my wedding at Catlin Gardens, but I did visit it as one of the options.  It is gorgeous!  And it was number 2 on our list, pushed out only by price.  And I've heard from numerous people that they do a great job.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bridaljoybridaljoy member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did look at Catlin Gardens but I was concerned if it rained the best feature we wouldn't get to experience. 
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Catlin Gardens a few years ago.  It is a beautiful place but when I looked there for my wedding, they were out of our budget.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pinkrn19pinkrn19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't bother with Anthony's Pier 9!! Went to a tasting because we were very interested, the food was TERRIBLE!! I'm having our reception at Falkirk Estate & Country Club..it is amazing! The opposite of many cheesy wedding reception places. Catlin Gardens is also really beautiful. Congrats and Good Luck!
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Caitlin Gardens but at the time, the package came with a choice of three cakes and although the cake wasn't important to me, i didn't want to have a limited choice.  The grounds looked gorgeous though!

We got married at the Links at Unionvale....they have a ton of packages since I got married to fit all kinds of budgets....it is not that far from poughkeepsie OR millbrook.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • sosweetmelisssosweetmeliss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Similar to what many have said - I looked at Catlin Gardens, but the price pushed me away.  It was beautiful, and I have a friend who booked a wedding there.  I do know someone who went to a wedding there and had a wonderful time.  The outside was especially gorgeous.  I am going with Anthony's Pier 9- I've been to events there before and loved it, and as mentioned above- the price is right.  Good Kycj!
  • edited December 2011

I had my wedding at Catlin Gardens in Sept 2009 & i def recommend it.

• edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Caitlin Gardens. It was only ok. A serious thunderstorm started during the cocktail hour which rushed everyone inside and pretty much ended the cocktail hour. I did not like that the bathrooms were downstairs. There was not much food but I think that had more to do with the couple trying to keep costs down. I have also been to weddings at Anthony's Pier 9 and Falkirk Estate. The food was very good at both of them. My wedding was at the Round Hill House in Washingtonville. They have tastings several times a month. Of course I think the food and service was great.

Congratulations and have fun planning!
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congratsssssssssssssssss

• edited December 2011
    Anyone know anything more about Round Hill House or Falkirk Estate??  Are they worth looking at?  Any feedback helps girls!!  Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think they are both worth looking at. I love Roundhill House. I've been to 3 weddings there. Falkirk is beautiful but way over-priced for me.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your engagement!

We got married at Tappan Hill in Tarrytown and it was absolutely amazing. Can't recommend it enough.
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely check out the Round Hill House. They are the nicest people and the food is excellent. The atmoshpere is different and they only do one wedding a day. Check out their web-site for a tasting date and go visit.
  • vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used the doubletree in tarrytown. it was beautiful and they just renovated it! highly recommend. food was fantastic
  • pinkrn19pinkrn19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah! I'm using Falkirk!! It is so amazing and the food is ridiculous!! I also recently had a patient who was obsessed with Round HIll House.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Round Hill - AMAZING! I want to do it again :)
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm getting married at the Villa Barone Hilltop Manor in Mahopac .  Check out their webiste ,  VillaBaroneHilltop.com     Congratulations !!!  and Good Luck !!!

• TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_reviews-venues-around-hudson-valley?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:113Discussion:dfcc00af-a8b6-4c55-997b-f2cfd29c040cPost:c51bccb8-256d-4acc-b0f4-36b2597eab7b">Re: Reviews on Venues around the Hudson Valley</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats on your engagement! We got married at Tappan Hill in Tarrytown and it was absolutely amazing. Can't recommend it enough.
    Posted by wldktz10[/QUOTE]

I went to a wedding there, and it was really nice.  The views are beautiful, and the food was delicious.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Kuhl's Highland House which is located in Middletown. Their food has always been very good anytime I've been there and Mark and his family are very kind and helpful - pricing is also not too bad, though mine is slightly lower bc my wedding will be in January.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards