Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Nunnlea House

I am really leaning towards having my ceremony and reception here and I really need some opinions on it. We are planning on having a little over 100 people, and they say the space is for more people then that but I just want to make sure there will be enough room. We would have the ceremony on the steps and the rest inside mostly. I just want to know some experiences from there, either brides who have had their weddings there or people who have been to weddings there. The fact that it is right near Hurstborne concerns me because I'm afraid it will be too loud for guests to hear the ceremony. Opinions are appreciated and also pictures if anyone has them! Thank you!

Re: Nunnlea House

• Options
    KarenofcourseKarenofcourse member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in J-town and go by Nunnea a lot.  I think a lot depends on the time of day, day of week and if you will have any tents set up in the front area, which can buffer the noise.  My daughter is considering Nunnlea but is unsure of date.  It is a concern that I have, also, so I am anxious to hear what others have to say!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We visited in the middle of the afternoon on a Saturday. I didn't notice a lot of noise, especially behind the house. It was too small for what we needed, but it's a beautiful space.
    I suggest going to one of their "tea parties" (held in December, I think) and see what you think about people fitting inside and the traffic noise.
    When I visted they were setting up for a wedding/reception inside. The tables were packed pretty tight. Everything fit and looked beautiful, but I could imagine it would be difficult to move around tables in a big dress if you stuffed it to capacity.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    KarenofcourseKarenofcourse member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your response, Bertke!!  I was thinking the other day about visiting it for the upcming craft show.  I have heard it is beautiful inside, also!  Good luck with finding a location!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards