California-Bay Area

Need Help!

A family friend of our's has a friend who is an officiant. Great! Perfect! So I bugged my mom for 5 months to call our family friend to get the officiant's information. Well my mom finally calls this week and was able to talk to the officiant today and she is already booked! Ugh! I asked and begged her to call earlier but no. I can vent and be angry but that's not going to solve anything. 

So does anyone know an officiant or recommend one they used for their's? 
imageAnniversary

Re: Need Help!

• SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is through my uncle's church so I don't think that would be appropriate, but you should check Here Comes the Guide. They have a list of regional officiants that they "certify", although IDK what their certification means. What matters is how you connect with your officiant. I say to start there and and meet in person to get a feel for him/her.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Happily Married Since December 18th, 2010!!
  • edited December 2011
    our very good friend is officiating for us - can you have a friend do it?
  • vb0000vb0000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What area are you in?  My officiant is in the East Bay and I found him on Craigslist. 

I know I know, "Craigslist??" I was very skeptical too at first but he's great and charges a fraction of what other officiants with big fancy websites are charging. So you may want to search "officiant" on Craigslist for the area that you're in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably check yelp over craigslist.  That way you can get reviews of the person in addition to contact information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards