Wedding Invitations & Paper

Pocketfolds and addressing them

OK. So. I know that traditionally you use the inner envelope as a way to "announce" who is specifically invited to the wedding...
But what do I do if I'm using pocketfolds with a belly band? Do I still address it on the back, even though it will get covered? Do I specify on the outer envelope? Insert?

What is the best way to do it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pocketfolds and addressing them

• You could write names on a piece of cardstock attached to the bellybands, or skip that and include all names on the outer envelope. I would not write anything on the back of the pocketfold. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_pocketfolds-and-addressing-them?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:e01cb7ba-882f-490c-b87d-f3b3f7ff2e85Post:c5305277-a494-4de1-b164-6eabbc7afd68">Re: Pocketfolds and addressing them</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could write names on a piece of cardstock attached to the bellybands, or skip that and include all names on the outer envelope. I would not write anything on the back of the pocketfold. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

The cardstock idea is one I came up with, too. But I wasn't sure if it's "etiquette" appropriate or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We had pockets and no inner envelopes, so we simply addressed our mailing envelopes to everyone who was invited (though we invited very few children, so it was never really an issue).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is perfectly acceptable to skip the inner envelopes. I would just write the names on the outer envelope to keep the pocketfold clean and tidy.
  • I had a tab that I used in place of an inner envelope. I didn't use a full band, just a tab (similar to the pockets by Carlson Craft)

Similar to this: http://www.carlsoncraftproducts.com/pics/EasiestWeddingPics/Dealer/FQN9351BK-70_LR.jpg

planning

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards